Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore version of Crap Service at DEMPSY HUT

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:50 pm

No, not so much. :(

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 2:52 pm

CD, their crap service notwithstanding, i am on my way to a beer passport at Ooosters. Maybe the beer can save them from the staff.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 2:54 pm

CD and ERIC, please give me a heads up before the Hoegarden at the Hut. ...i was hoping to go today before the Indo music at the botanical Gardens - but't looking out the widow - don't see that happening.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 4:38 pm

God's crying probably because of something you did.
some signatures are more equal than others

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 4:40 pm

banana wrote:God's crying probably because of something you did.

Hey! That's Jack Handy -- knock it off!

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 4:47 pm

I'm sure he'll forgive me with a couple of Hail Marys.
some signatures are more equal than others

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 9:14 pm

Wham wrote:CD and ERIC, please give me a heads up before the Hoegarden at the Hut. ...i was hoping to go today before the Indo music at the botanical Gardens - but't looking out the widow - don't see that happening.

Yes sure, if you'd like to. Even if I am afraid to find out that you are indeed a nice guy, and will not be able to argue with you online afterwards. :wink:

I'll PM you my HP number, much easier to contact each other.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 9:22 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:CD, we will once again enjoy a Hoegaarden together. You know what, I have a business idea: CD and Eric as spiritual travellers, doing the beer tasting in Singapore, I will call my contacts at Mediacorp this week... :D 8)
Eric

Now let's see . . . a couple of expats on the piss and you think this would be something extraordinary?

#-o

'nuff said Image

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 9:26 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:CD, we will once again enjoy a Hoegaarden together. You know what, I have a business idea: CD and Eric as spiritual travellers, doing the beer tasting in Singapore, I will call my contacts at Mediacorp this week... :D 8)
Eric

Now let's see . . . a couple of expats on the piss and you think this would be something extraordinary?

#-o

Being jealous? You can join if you dare.

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Em Eye » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:17 pm

We were there on Saturday night as well. At about 8.30. We go quite regulary for the steak and while the service was great earlier this year it has fallen down hill extremely fast.

With 4 waiting staff, and only 6 tables with customers the service is slow. They are more interested in watching the soccer. They never write down the order - which is fine if you get the order right. Then they put the pepper sauce on the steak when we asked for none really p***es me off, because it happens so regulary. I think Saturday was our last vist.

But my observation on Saturday was there was no female staff, and also on our last visit...

Yes I'm a whinging expat.....

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 1:02 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:You know what, I have a business idea: CD and Eric as spiritual travellers, doing the beer tasting in Singapore, I will call my contacts at Mediacorp this week... :D 8)
Eric

#-o

:lol:

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 1:23 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:You know what, I have a business idea: CD and Eric as spiritual travellers, doing the beer tasting in Singapore, I will call my contacts at Mediacorp this week... :D 8)
Eric

#-o

I don't agree

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 1:26 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:
Eric

#-o

I don't agree

I do :wink:

'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 5:20 pm

It's not about getting pissed vaucluse...

For a painting, one could visit the Rijksmuseum of Amsterdam, but one could also see a wall being painted. We opt for the first, our descriptions of different places and their beer products will be like a tour of the Rijksmuseum, in all its richness, backgound and culture, not so much being pissed or staring at a painted wall.

We are civilized men... 8)

Eric