Singapore Expats Forum

Tuxedo Rental

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Re: look this web

Postby Carpe Diem » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 4:37 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
sxq156284 wrote:world most famours website www.sina..com

Bad link or down.

You can try with one dot (http://www.sina.com/) but I am afraid it won't help much.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 4:44 pm

And I really doubt it's the world most famours website unless we're really that out of the loop.
some signatures are more equal than others

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Re: Tuxedo Rental

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 8:23 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:On the other hand, I am a lucky guy. My 'date' is charming, vivacious, intelligent and lovely... sort of like you. No doubt she will radiate throughout the evening while she carries on conversations with ambassadors and admirals.

oh SE, you're a charmer :oops: the way you go on, you're going to have some people here think you've actually met me! :lol:

i remember the first time i ever dined with an ambassador, back in the days when i was a young easily flappable civil servant who thought ambassadors were a big deal, i was so nervous i put salt instead of sugar into my coffee then proceeded to drink the entire cup cos i didn't want to appear rude asking for coffee then not drinking it!

hope your date has better luck at the ball... have fun!

Strong Eagle

Re: Tuxedo Rental

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:04 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:On the other hand, I am a lucky guy. My 'date' is charming, vivacious, intelligent and lovely... sort of like you. No doubt she will radiate throughout the evening while she carries on conversations with ambassadors and admirals.

oh SE, you're a charmer :oops: the way you go on, you're going to have some people here think you've actually met me! :lol:

i remember the first time i ever dined with an ambassador, back in the days when i was a young easily flappable civil servant who thought ambassadors were a big deal, i was so nervous i put salt instead of sugar into my coffee then proceeded to drink the entire cup because i didn't want to appear rude asking for coffee then not drinking it!

hope your date has better luck at the ball... have fun!

I have a vivid imagination and can read a lot from your avatar! Surely you are intelligent as I can tell from your posts on this board... the rest... well... I suppose you could weigh 100 kilos and chain smoke... but I doubt it.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 9:21 pm

So... do men just go naked to their weddings here? Stopped in at a bunch of bridal shops. Tuns of wedding dresses... very few tuxedos... and not the style I'd wear.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 9:23 pm

Haha, SE, I feel for you!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 9:28 pm

Aren't you already wearing a monkey suit?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 9:57 pm

banana wrote:Aren't you already wearing a monkey suit?

Aye, Captain... but I dunna have a black tie and cumberbund... and no satin piping down the sides of my furry legs.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:00 pm

Fashion a bowtie out of a strip of black trashbag, use the remaining as cummerbund. Not only will you fulfil your desired dresscode, you will come across as a trendsetter and environmentalist to boot.

Can't really help you with the satin piping though...

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:06 pm

banana wrote:Fashion a bowtie out of a strip of black trashbag, use the remaining as cummerbund. Not only will you fulfil your desired dresscode, you will come across as a trendsetter and environmentalist to boot.

Can't really help you with the satin piping though...

Ahh yes... I can just see telling my 'date'... but my dear, this is the finest black trashbag that money can buy! Maybe if I can get her to go wearing one of those white kitchen trash bags....

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:16 pm

Do it! It could be the ultimate test of the female claim that a sense of humour is most important.

And remember to take pictures.