Singapore Expats Forum

husband is most likely having an affair

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ScooterBiscuit

Postby ScooterBiscuit » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 1:42 pm

OMG.

I just called the number and she finally answered. I asked who it was and she hung up.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 2:02 pm

As said scooter, I think you got the answers by now in a way.... :-|

Eric

jag78
Regular
Regular

Postby jag78 » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 2:05 pm

ScooterBiscuit wrote:OMG.

I just called the number and she finally answered. I asked who it was and she hung up.

Hi SB,

I think there's your answer there. Wonder if she was clued in to what's happening on the homefront...definitely not a typical reaction to someone asking for a name...all I can say is (and probably no consolation to how you're presently feeling)...hang in there SB.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 2:18 pm

poor SB, you must be going through hell. once again i'm sorry and yes do take time off with people you trust and who love you back home. maybe cut off all communication with him for a week just to give your mind space to clear up a bit. i know it's not easy, but spend the time off indulging in exercise, good food, girlie fun like high teas, movies... just give yourself a break and not think about this all the time. easier said than done i know, but you really need to take care of yourself to ensure you're in the best possible frame of mind to decide your next move.

keep in touch, lots of people here are concerned about you.

varun
Regular
Regular

Postby varun » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 2:38 pm

ScooterBiscuit wrote:I have a plane ticket booked to go back to Australia next week.

Best of luck, ScooterBiscuit. We're all with you in spirit.

- V.
The easiest home monitoring service worldwide - and it's free. www.homecamera.com

ScooterBiscuit

Postby ScooterBiscuit » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 3:12 pm

Thank you everyone. I can't tell you how much more horrible this whole experience would be if I hadn't had access to this forum.

MorningGlory

observe

Postby MorningGlory » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 3:40 pm

If he had told her about you finding the messages and questioning him, she will be on guard.. and she will tell him she got a call.. now you have to observe him.. has he become rattier and irritable or sweeter.. or just moody and quiet?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 4:04 pm

MorningGlory, are you for real? :roll:
I think the time for those games is over. Its time for an open conversation. If her hubby doesn't oblige, he doesn't want to work things out or is too much of a coward. I think its time for him to apologise and offer an explanation. And, for Scooter to be brave and make a decision.

Goodluck with that!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

MorningGlory

yes

Postby MorningGlory » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 4:36 pm

sapphire wrote:MorningGlory, are you for real? :roll:
I think the time for those games is over. Its time for an open conversation. If her hubby doesn't oblige, he doesn't want to work things out or is too much of a coward. I think its time for him to apologise and offer an explanation. And, for Scooter to be brave and make a decision.

Goodluck with that!

Yes, dear I am, thanks for asking. There are things Scooter and i have discussed which others are not privy to so I dont expect you to understand where I am coming from.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Re: yes

Postby banana » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 9:37 pm

MorningGlory wrote:Yes, dear I am, thanks for asking. There are things Scooter and i have discussed which others are not privy to so I dont expect you to understand where I am coming from.

So you post the later half of your private conversation in public to achieve what exactly?
some signatures are more equal than others

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 9:42 pm

banana wrote:So you post the later half of your private conversation in public to achieve what exactly?

laTTer. laTer is a comparative. :cool:

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:10 pm

touche
some signatures are more equal than others

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:38 pm

MorningGlory wrote:

Goodluck with that!

Yes, dear I am, thanks for asking. There are things Scooter and i have discussed which others are not privy to so I dont expect you to understand where I am coming from.

What an attitude.... :?

Why now post it publicly again? I find your attitude irritating and totally out of line here girl / dude...

Don't grab attention here, I think Scooter's case is enough already.

Stay away, you big ego.

Eric

MorningGlory

Postby MorningGlory » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 9:34 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
MorningGlory wrote:

Goodluck with that!

What an attitude.... :?
Why now post it publicly again? I find your attitude irritating and totally out of line here girl / dude...

Don't grab attention here, I think Scooter's case is enough already.

Stay away, you big ego.

Eric

Actually Eric, your personal attack and banana's is the reason why I rarely post anything here it at all possible. I am a member of some boards in other countries and there is one where i once wrote directly to the moderator (and a sort of 'consultant' on the subjects we discuss on that board) and she kindly said to me that I should post my thoughts, suggestions on the board as it could/might help others.

So, whatever i posted, you could not know where I was coming from or from experiences I have had. All you and other readers see is "bad" or negative. Even that last post (before sapphire's comment) I was hesitant to type in but, sapphire said something biting and sarcastic, these sort of remarks are really not necessary. I was meaning well, and intending well, Scooterbiscuit knows that. I was offering suggestions and asking questions for her to think through things.

That part i typed in about asking SB to observe his moods was just that.. I was actually starting to type a PM and something inside said, "why dont you put this on the board", maybe someone else reading this in a similar situation might find it helpful. I know that as much as possible when i post something here, i think a few times before i say anything, if i had a huge ego, i would constantly post and retort and attack.. i dont have the time or energy for that.

My intent was to offer information to SB based on my own experiences as well as numerous other situations. If your intent and the others is to offend, so be it.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:02 am

MorningGlory, read what you typed! Jeez, you are so full of yourself! Is it 'cause of your past? Just 'cause you were cheated on doesn't make you an authority on such cases. All I see you advocating is playing games instead of an open and direct communication between the two parties. And, in favour of a keylogger, sheesh! It is indeed sad the way you've turned out. Always keeping tabs on your spouse is hardly the sign of a healthy relationship! Instead of counselling Scooter, I think you should go for some therapy, and this I mean sincerely, no sarcasm. You're scarred, better try and heal yourself before its too late. Games never help, never ever!

Give some thought to why Vaucluse, Eric, banana and I are not in agreement with you.

P.S. Some mod on some other board asks you to post your thoughts, and you become the queen of counselling? I'm being bitchy and thats terrible, but once in a while I'm allowed. Breaching Scooter's confidence by announcing how you two are communicating via PMs is hardly the sign of a confident person, more like someone looking for approval and kudos. Sad, sad indeed.

Boy, I haven't typed that much in a long time. :D

P.P.S. Scooter, did you go to the WNDC last nite? Sorry I couldn't for some stupid reason.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.