about 15% tax

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
spirou
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:05 pm

about 15% tax

Post by spirou » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:11 pm

Hi,

I moved to Singapore in June 2005, I know that it is required the 183 days in Singapore to get the residence status here and thus pay lower tax%. However, I have been travelling quite a lot for work outiside Singapore. Is it the 183 days that I have to be physically here in Singapore or when my employment (EP) started? Otherwise have to start calculate my days again....

Thank you for your help in advance.

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 2:47 pm

Post by Vaucluse » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 4:31 pm

Does the other topic, titled almost exactly as yours, not shed some light on this issue?
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:29 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Carpe Diem » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 4:37 pm

Vaucluse, I think that if you did not have for humble target to post more than I do, you would never had answered to that one...

One more for me by the way...

(677 to 663)
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 2:47 pm

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 7:22 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Vaucluse, I think that if you did not have for humble target to post more than I do, you would never had answered to that one...

One more for me by the way...

(677 to 663)


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And you are now close to 20 ahead of me - I shall make it a point to stay near my laptop at all times, my friend. :)
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:29 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Carpe Diem » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 8:08 pm

Yup, we are indeed racing towards the Editor status... who will be first? :wink:
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 2:47 pm

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:20 am

If I keep posting silly things like this post - it will be me! :P
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:29 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Carpe Diem » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:29 am

Vaucluse wrote:If I keep posting silly things like this post - it will be me! :P
What you're 3 posts behind now? I knew I shouldn't have slept late this morning :mad:
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

jhkim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:38 am

Post by jhkim » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:09 am

Hei I don't think it matters....I think it only counts the day you have received your EP till the end of tax calender year.

Not too sure....cause the MOM explainations are not too specific...I barely make it to 183 but I have been travelling to KL almost every other week....so I might be in trouble too if that is the case.

Vaucluse....I havn't read any positive comment from you yet.....I don't think other topic covered his question.

Yeah yeah yeah you have been here so long...I can see your number of comments.....I don't want to start a fight but you know when someone new starts a thread, expecting to get some help and get a comment like that, it really discourage them to actively participate in the future.

don't post anything if you are not gonna help.

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 2:47 pm

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:07 pm

jhkim wrote:
Vaucluse....I havn't read any positive comment from you yet.....I don't think other topic covered his question.

.



kam sa hamida mr kim - try the following: http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic26738.html It appears just below this one. It's called - wait for it: taxed at 15% . . .

And the number of posts is between CD and myself, sorry it bothers you . . . Speaking of which - did you spend all day in front of the PC, CD, or is that CD, PC?
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:29 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Carpe Diem » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:17 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
jhkim wrote:
Vaucluse....I havn't read any positive comment from you yet.....I don't think other topic covered his question.

.



kam sa hamida mr kim - try the following: http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic26738.html It appears just below this one. It's called - wait for it: taxed at 15% . . .

And the number of posts is between CD and myself, sorry it bothers you . . . Speaking of which - did you spend all day in front of the PC, CD, or is that CD, PC?
Laptop is online most of the time. It doesn't mean I am in front of it... But yesterday I spent a significant amount of time instead of going to the pool and having a BBQ....
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

jhkim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:38 am

Post by jhkim » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:28 pm

The old thread you mentioned doesn't cover his question "will absence from singapore due to trips count in 183days requirement"...which was not covered under old thread.

Yeah it would of been nice if he added his post under existing thread but he started a new one....

Still it is not nice to blow off people with sarcastic comment like "duh!!! are you blind!!! look at the similar topic you idiot!!!" :twisted:

Hope that you being a senior member could post more positive and helpful comments..... :D

Cheers~

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:29 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Carpe Diem » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:31 pm

I have to observe that Vaucluse never wrote "duh!!! are you blind!!! look at the similar topic you idiot!!!"

It was you.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

jhkim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:38 am

Post by jhkim » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 1:12 pm

Of course vaucluse never wrote that, but he did wrote
Vaucluse wrote:Does the other topic, titled almost exactly as yours, not shed some light on this issue?
which means "duh!!! are you blind!!! look at the similar topic you idiot!!!" Of course disguised in wonderfully polite sentence.

Sarcasm, no?

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:29 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Carpe Diem » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 1:24 pm

jhkim wrote:Of course vaucluse never wrote that, but he did wrote
Vaucluse wrote:Does the other topic, titled almost exactly as yours, not shed some light on this issue?
which means "duh!!! are you blind!!! look at the similar topic you idiot!!!" Of course disguised in wonderfully polite sentence.

Sarcasm, no?
You said it.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 2:47 pm

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 1:34 pm

jhkim wrote:Of course vaucluse never wrote that, but he did wrote
Vaucluse wrote:Does the other topic, titled almost exactly as yours, not shed some light on this issue?
which means "duh!!! are you blind!!! look at the similar topic you idiot!!!" Of course disguised in wonderfully polite sentence.

Sarcasm, no?


Sarcasm? No . . . :)

(Pourquoi CD, Corps Diplomatique?)
......................................................

'nuff said Image

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests