Singapore Expats

From Sheep to Rabbits . . . NZ to OZ

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Vaucluse
Director
Director

From Sheep to Rabbits . . . NZ to OZ

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 4:34 pm

From the SMH today - I wonder if this guy will ever e able to get near a woman again, or forever be known as the rabbit-&%$#@*

Financier in court on bestiality and cruelty charges
By Les Kennedy
October 13, 2005 - 12:32PM

Brendan Francis McMahon, 36, leaves court after appearing on charges of aggravated animal cruelty.

Brendan Francis McMahon was like a proverbial rabbit caught in a spotlight today.

Accused of bestiality with rabbits and their mutilation deaths, the 36-year-old New Zealand-born businessman found himself in the glare and flashes of television and newspaper cameras when he left Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court.

It was the first time the financier from Tamarama has had to face media in public since being granted $1000 bail three weeks ago. That court hearing was brought on a week ahead of schedule after he had been held in custody pending psychiatric assessment.

McMahon refused to comment about the charges against him as he left the court with his barrister, Doug Marr, moments after he made a brief appearance before Deputy Chief Magistrate Helen Syme.

In addition to the bestiality charges, he is charged with 18 counts of aggravated cruelty to 18 rabbits whose mutilated and partially skinned carcasses, many with their skulls crushed and ears cut off, were found throughout the Sydney CBD over a six-week period in July and August.

Some of the rabbits were found dumped in a lane at The Rocks or inside women's toilets in the York Street building where he operated a financial planning and mortgage brokerage, Meares-McMahon Capital with Jason Meares, the brother of Jodhi Packer.

McMahon has yet to enter a formal plea.

Following his arrest last month, he maintained through his legal counsel that he had been in a drug-induced psychosis caused by smoking the methamphetamine drug "ice" when he committed the acts of cruelty.

According to a statement of police facts, McMahon bought the rabbits, sometimes up to three at a time, from Sydney pet stores with his company American Express card in the name of Meares-McMahon Capital Pty Ltd.

McMahon was granted continuing bail after Mr Marr told Ms Syme that he had received the full brief of police evidence against his client only on Wednesday and his legal team needed more time to examine it.

In ordering McMahon to reappear before the court on November 10, Ms Syme ordered that he adhere to existing bail conditions, which include that he report three times a week to Waverley Police, continue seeing a psychiatrist on a weekly basis and not go within 50 metres of any pet shop.

The order includes McMahon not entering rural lands.

Just looooooove that last sentence . . . barred from rural lands and pet shops. What a tremedously sick man . . . .
Attachments
brenmcmahon_wideweb__430x283.jpg
(21.91 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 4:53 pm

He looks like a perv anyways! Sick sick people in this world.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Baron Greenback » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 4:54 pm

Nasty stuff :(

What compels a person to be that cruel to any living animal? :???:
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 4:54 pm

Who on earth ever invented a drug, called 'ice', that makes u wanna f*ck rabbits and cut off their ears... :shock:

Feed him to the great whites over there.... :x

disgusting indeed...

Eric

Shilo2010
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Shilo2010 » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 6:59 pm

:mad:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 8:06 pm

gross...

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 8:11 pm

Re-read this thing and something odd struck me;

Only in a few western countries can one get away with a defense of having been stoned to the teeth on a class A illegal drug.

What the hell is happening in our little world?

Uuuuhm sorry, officer, I was incapacitatd when I killed this person - dropped too much acid. That's my defense . . .

Screw that for a laugh, I'm staying in Singapore!

'nuff said Image

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 8:28 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “General Discussions”