Singapore Expats Forum

Is Anywhere's closed?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Is Anywhere's closed?

Postby Bubbles » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:13 am

Hiya

Hubby is in Singapore at the moment and heard that our old watering hole, Anywheres in Tanglin Shopping Centre, 3rd Floor, has closed for good.

Anyone know if this is true. Yes, it wasn't the hippest place in town by any means but it felt homely. And I loved the band. Sob, sob.

Where can I suggest he goes that'll be somewhere similiar? Not high tech stuff, but a busy pub with a good band?

Thanks everyone.

Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

jag78
Regular
Regular

Postby jag78 » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:20 am

Hi Bubbs,

I'm not sure...but I really like Muddy Murphy's at Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade. It's cosy and has a pretty good band.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 7:47 am

Tried to go to Anywhere's last Sat night... closed... guard said gone for good. Too bad.

skye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby skye » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 8:44 am

According to reports in the press last week when Anywhere shut down, the band will be playing regularly at Harry's in Orchard Towers in a couple of weeks.

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Em Eye » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:48 am

I love Muddy's. Especially when Crystal Jade played. They have moved to another venue and now they have a bubblegum band playing. Just not the same without Jade....Bring them back!!!!!

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 3:53 pm

Damn, damn, damn, damn.......it's true then. I can't believe I won't prop the bar up there on a Friday or Saturday again. Can't believe I won't hear them play Mustang Sally and try to get up on the stage to accompany them again...........still, I think I'll become their groupie......and follow them................

Dylan Thomas.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 7:11 pm

Hubby went to Anywhere's to see what is happening and apparently they're doing it up and it's going to be a 'girly' bar, whatever that means.......

Lapdancing??

Or a bar just for the girls to go to??

Lesbian bar?????

The mind boggles.

Dylan Thomas.