Singapore Expats Forum

Taxis drivers are grossing me out...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

jjj

Postby jjj » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:16 pm

I think the smell is just that used air con smell that most taxis have.

As for the hair\coin thing, I just asked my friend here and he said that most Asian guys don't like facial hair so they pluck their chins and mustaches. Man, that must be painful and why!!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:36 pm

jjj wrote:I think the smell is just that used air con smell that most taxis have.

As for the hair\coin thing, I just asked my friend here and he said that most Asian guys don't like facial hair so they pluck their chins and mustaches. Man, that must be painful and why!!

From what I gather, It can't be any more painful than getting a brazilian. :devil:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:05 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:From what I gather, It can't be any more painful than getting a brazilian. :devil:

it never ceases to amaze me that men will resolutely march to war but run a million miles from getting waxed or plucked! :-s

jjj

Postby jjj » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:09 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:From what I gather, It can't be any more painful than getting a brazilian. :devil:

it never ceases to amaze me that men will resolutely march to war but run a million miles from getting waxed or plucked! :-s

no no no... It's just one of those things we say to make women feel like they have it hard and we sympathise. Really...sorry

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:07 am

Sorry, but I put waxing & Plucking in the same category as Pearcing and tattoos. If the maker wanted us to be born with extra holes in and artwork on our bodies we would have been born with them. I've made it this far without extra holes and waxing, etc. But the again, my hair fell out naturally. Problem is, it just started growing everywhere else instead.

Marching off to war doesn't mean we will get killed or even hurt. But delibertly subjecting oneself to that kind of ordeal makes me think of S&M, Bondage and other weird stuff.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 8:08 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sorry, but I put waxing & Plucking in the same category as Pearcing and tattoos. If the maker wanted us to be born with extra holes in and artwork on our bodies we would have been born with them.

Maker also didn't provide you to cover your body with clothes, didn't make any provision to stay monogamous either, didn't provide you with wings to fly etc. Point being, that's a weak argument SMS...

...just felt like picking on you SMS. :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:01 pm

I wonder if any of you experienced the same, but this week I found it quite difficult to get a taxi... Several times I have seen taxis which were obviously free and they did not want to stop. Or were very choosy on the destination... Do they have too much business?

The "best" if I may say is what happened last night when a driver stopped, asked me where I was going and told me "Give me 10$ and I take you there"...

Since I knew it should cost me about $5, I told him some insaulting comments. Too bad I did not note his number! :mad: :x :mad:
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:29 pm

Did you insault (sic) him?

'nuff said Image

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:32 pm

Since I was on my way to meet some friends and drink some Vodka, yes I did insault him on purpose.

But I was not sic(k).
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:40 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Since I was on my way to meet some friends and drink some Vodka, yes I did insault him on purpose.

But I was not sic(k).

:lol: :lol: Ok, ok - you have graduated - !

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:10 pm

sapphire wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sorry, but I put waxing & Plucking in the same category as Pearcing and tattoos. If the maker wanted us to be born with extra holes in and artwork on our bodies we would have been born with them.

Maker also didn't provide you to cover your body with clothes, didn't make any provision to stay monogamous either, didn't provide you with wings to fly etc. Point being, that's a weak argument SMS...

...just felt like picking on you SMS. :P

Tis okay...... but your counter argument doesn't hold water. My argument isn't as weak as you think it is. I'm talking about mutilation & torture of the body. Your examples do not mutilate the body. I'll agree with your first example though. That's what I liked when I was working in Broome, Au spent most of my days getting a full tan on cable beach.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:36 pm

Apparently you are not above torture and mutilation of the imagination eh old man?
some signatures are more equal than others

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:38 pm

I think staying monogamous is torture of the body! :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:48 pm

Tart!

PS: are you hawt?
some signatures are more equal than others

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:50 pm

banana wrote:Tart!

PS: are you hawt?

Thanks! :oops:

PS: Only one way to find owt!