Singapore Expats Forum

finance student can find what kind of job?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

revolta

finance student can find what kind of job?

Postby revolta » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 5:34 pm

i got engineering cert, but i dun like engineering job, think of going into finance industry, but what kind of job can i do with a finance cert?

is there any easy or faster way to get into finance industry.
study in SIM, NUS need very long time.

kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter

Re: finance student can find what kind of job?

Postby kk_lass » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 2:41 am

revolta wrote:i got engineering cert, but i dun like engineering job, think of going into finance industry, but what kind of job can i do with a finance cert?

is there any easy or faster way to get into finance industry.
study in SIM, NUS need very long time.

why do u want to go finance industry??
Meaning what u want to do there.....
Have u asked urself this qs??

What is ur passion?? What is ur dream??
Do u know??

Cheers,
:wink:
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Mary had a little lamb

Postby tiki » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:52 am

Mary had a little lamb....who was her only friend

and they lived in a small hut. Now Mary is pretty good with her hands, knitting especially and she made 25cents a day from that.

One day as Mary was sitting under the shade of a big tree,with her lamb beside her, thoughts of making big money hit her. She began thinking of plans to make her big money dream come true. She thought of selling her lamb in the town market.That could fetch a neat price... but of course she had to think of a way to get to the town market,which was at least 3days walk.

She thought of hiring a pickup truck to take her there. Now a pick up truck costs 30dollars to rent,one way. Plus she has to get a driver that would be an additional 25dollars at least!

After doing some mental calculations, a skill which she's almost perfected from counting sheeps to sleep, she realised that it would take a her a long time..infact too long. You see Mary was an impatient little girl. So she shelved the idea.

Next she thought of sending a message or have someone who's heading to the townmarket to put up posters for her. She would need a lot of paper for that, not forgetting 'commission' for the person who's gonna put them posters up...apparently it is illegal to put up posters in the market without proper permits and documents, which costs money.

Again after cracking her head, she realised it's going to take too long.

At that moment the lamb woke up and upon seeing Mary, who was now pretty much talking out her ideas loud, said..."Mmmmmarrryyyyy, once you have sold me and get your money, what's next? Don't tell me you're gonna be contented with the money,how are you gonna make more moneyyyyyyyyy?". Hearing this Mary realised that she hadn't thought about what she's going to do when the money runs out.

She realised too that there are a lot of things she has yet to learn and that to take it step by step,arming yourself with knowledge, is ultimately still the best way to go about it.

There is no easy way, you have to pay your dues.

Mary realised that she was only thinking of the fastest way to make money and not the most personally enriching way. Indeed mary has a lot that she has yet to learn and know...

.."You are right lamb. There is so much I have yet to learn and there is more that I don't know. But there's one thing I know though.... I know you're my only friend and I will never ever sell you away".

..and so till this day, Mary still has her little lamb.

PS Last heard Mary and her lamb friend are still raking in money from a little ditty written about them..
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

revolta

Postby revolta » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 3:40 am

I am good and are interested in analysis and mathematical stuff. Me just ORD, so thought of changing career as i dun really like engineering job.