Singapore Expats Forum

anyone from scotland???

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
goombay

anyone from scotland???

Postby goombay » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:06 pm

Hi, i'm chris, just moved here from the uk,
heard a rumour i may not be the only scot or british person here!

let me know if this is the case, would be good to meet up.

cheers

Chris.

Dunk
Regular
Regular

Scotland Born, English Bred

Postby Dunk » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 1:41 pm

Hi there. I'm of Scottish descent (my dad's from Glasgow) but been bought up south of the border so not really a Scot. I'm going to this WNDC tomorrow so can meet for a single malt tomorrow if you are around. You'll be horrified to hear there is no iron bru out here! You'll have to find another hangover cure.

sputnik

Postby sputnik » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 6:55 pm

I am Scottish born and bred - lived just outside Edinburgh until moving to Germany five years ago, and now I'm here.

Was at the WNDC last week, where I met a lass from Aberdeen, and am planning to go again tomorrow.

sputnik

Re: Scotland Born, English Bred

Postby sputnik » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 6:56 pm

Dunk wrote: You'll be horrified to hear there is no iron bru out here! You'll have to find another hangover cure.

Actually, the girl I met last week said that one of her mates had sourced the Bru in Indonesia, I think it was...

skye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby skye » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 7:23 pm

Come on guys - you don't think we Scots could survive here without a tooth-dissolving fix of our other national drink now and again. Got to keep the dentists in work. Tanglin Market Place at Tanglin Mall and a few other Cold Storages regularly have the 'bru in cans.
Apart from WNDC and other things organised on the board, there's also a St Andrews group who have a pub night coming up this month I think.

sputnik

Postby sputnik » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 9:03 pm

Good tip there, just found the website for the St Andrew's lot http://www.standrewssociety.org.sg/

The pub night is this Friday - anyone up for that????

newgirl
Regular
Regular

Postby newgirl » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:58 pm

Hi there

There are loads of us about! I met my flatmate on a night out she is from Greenock and I am from Glasgow!

Have you heard of the Sportman Bar?- it's found in the Far East Shopping Plaza on Orchard (near the Hilton). It's in the skanky shopping mall, not the nice one.

You can get irn bru in there and watch the footie too! It's a Rangers shop, but it's pretty mixed and I have been there to watch a few of the old firm games.

Awra best in Singapore !!!!

Claire

goombay

Postby goombay » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 3:16 pm

ok, seems to be quite a few fellow kilt wearers here.
what time does this WNDC start at, is it a pub crawl or staying at the same venue? plus is there a secret code word to be identified?!

cheers

Chris

sputnik

Postby sputnik » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 1:45 am

WNDC is the Wednesday Night Drinking Club - usually the location is posted under 'Events, gatherings etc.' on Monday every week...it changes every week.

I am just back from the WNDC actually - it was in Absinthe on Boon Tat Rd. Good laugh, and good way of meeting a mixed bunch of people :D