Singapore Expats Forum

I am From India :(

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
shamsathya

I am From India :(

Postby shamsathya » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:45 am

Hi All

I'm 32 male from india .. working in SG for the past 12 yrs.. Anybody out here, also from india..

Keep in touch!!!

Cheers
Sham :D

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 3:49 pm

Wow 12 years! Well, there's a thread where most of us Indians post and organise stuff, check it out. Most of them are in hibernation these days, will wake them up soon. :D

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ft ... -1425.html
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 4:03 pm

I'm sorry Shamsathya, but I though you title for the thread was funny....the little sad smiley....there's nothing even remotely wrong about being from India! :P :D
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 4:16 pm

[quote="seraphim"....there's nothing even remotely wrong about being from India! :P :D[/quote]

Until he meets me? :twisted:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 4:22 pm

You have a very valid point there.....

Beware the Sapphire! That sparkle hides a dangerously sharp edge! :-$
And the sultans - yeah the sultans

they play creole...Creole, baby

brishti

Postby brishti » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 2:12 pm

Hi

I am also from India and am new here. I've been here since July when I took up a faculty position, but I don't know many people yet. I'd like to make some Indian friends to hang around with/watch movies/have coffee and talk. It is a plus if you are into books/music/cooking! By the way I am 27.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 2:27 pm

Brishti pode tapur tupur..tapur tupur :) So, are you a bengali? And, are you into drinking besides books/music/cooking? If you are, you could come down tonite to the Wednesday Night Drinking Club, free membership. We just gather in a pub and drink, some don't drink as well and we don't bite either.

Check out this thread:
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic27546-0.html

brishti

Postby brishti » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 4:46 pm

hi sapphire, yes I am a Bengali..how about you? I do drink but only very selectively (and moderately!) Let me see if I can make it this evening..have to be back quite early though.
Brishti

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 8:07 am

Na, aami bangali na, kintu bangla bhujte padi aar ektoo bolte padi. Tumi kaalke WNDC te cheele? Aami ekta Indian meetup organise korbo, tomake ekhane bole debo. :)

brishti

Postby brishti » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:15 am

wow, sapphire that was pretty good Bengali! Yes I did go to WNDC yesterday. Interesting!
An Indian get together would be a great idea. Thanks for keeping me posted.
Brishti

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:19 am

Thanks, aamar bor bangali, hence can speak and follow Bengali. Can't read or write in Bengali though. I was there at the WNDC as well, too bad we didn't meet there. Tumi maye na chele??

brishti

Postby brishti » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 4:04 pm

hi sapphire, ami meye. tumi ar tomar bor koto din singapore e accho, ar tar agey kothay chhile? ami dilli te boro hoyecchi, but was in the US for the last 5 years,doing my PhD at Princeton. shesh korar por ami ekhaney kaaj join korlam. i hope this was not too much Bengali at one go!
Brishti

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 5:27 pm

Is there such a thing as too much Bengali? Hahaha! Aami ekhane teen saal complete korechi. Tumi Princeton thike pass kore ekhane kano chole ele? Ekhane ki korcho? Aami akta meetup plan korbo, kintu ektu time laagbe, everybody is either busy or travelling, including me. WNDC te tumi ki neeche taxi jonne wait korchile? Ekta maye chilo, was it you?

Forgot to add, amiyo dilli te boro hoyecchi! Which college were you in? I passed out from Miranda House, Delhi Univ.

brishti

Postby brishti » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 2:15 pm

Sapphire, ami St Stephen's theke pass korechilam, but in '98,maybe that was after your time. Eikhane amar ekta tenure track assistant professor position acche,SMU'te. Amar chakri ta allows me a lot of time to do my own research, beshi poratey hoy na. Ami Singapore ke target korchilam chakri khonjar shomoy,because US e thakley it's too far away from desh and my parents. Onyo shob dik theke o i don't have anything to lose. Luckily I have a lot of mobility and freedom keno ki ami single.
WNDC te tumi kon meye tar kotha bolccho, i can't tell, but i got there fairly early and also left quite early. I did look for a taxi but that was on the main road. ar ami eka chilam, ar keu shongey chilo na, ekta neel jama ar neel pant porey chilam, hope that helps in case you saw me.Will look forward to the gathering,whenever it is..i will also be travelling later in the year..
Brishti

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 4:48 pm

St. Stephen's! One of our hunting grounds for men, hehehe. But, we girls were more into guys from SRCC and Hindu College. Stephanians were considered pansy and snobbish, hahaha. Yup, you are way junior, I should get some ragging going when I meet you! :twisted:

It'll be nice to meet someone from the same campus. Another Indian guy is moving from London next month, he's from SRCC, my fave place to hang out in the afternoons! Those were the days...