Singapore Expats

A Hollywood Halloween - Oct 28th 2005

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
superedge
Chatter
Chatter

Post by superedge » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:44 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
superedge wrote:Need some help here.

Where can I find shops in Singapore selling high hills, boots, covers, halloween stuff etc?

Targeted for women.
Are you going to surprise us dressed up like a 'chica'? :shock:

Eric
My wife and her sister and my sister (if she stays here up to 28th) will be there with me. That's for them :)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:29 pm

I would like to know as well, want to dress up as Cleopatra, after all we look so alike! :D
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 1:29 pm

sapphire wrote:I would like to know as well, want to dress up as Cleopatra, after all we look so alike! :D
you can borrow my nose...

Eric

MangoCar
Regular
Regular

Post by MangoCar » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 2:16 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
MangoCar wrote:I will only buy several pumpkins. Sb said I was creative, so think I can make everything I need with that, better than be naked. :shock: :shock:
Be it dressed up like a pumpkin or naked, it will be a joy to have you around... 8)

Eric

Can I borrow your teeth? A vampire could be even cooler than a pumpkin killer....

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 2:22 pm

I think I'll stick to my own smelly nose, thanks for the offer though.

Mango, you mean to say Eric has vampire teeth? Hahaha!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 2:26 pm

I just got a very good idea for the event... thanks to you 2 ladies... :twisted:

Eric

KT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by KT » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 4:11 pm

there are a few places you can rent stuff from ....

you can try this someone had told me of it for a masquerade party

No 1 Costume Novelty
32 Aliwal Street
6333 9440
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Post by seraphim » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 4:16 pm

Theres another place along Seah Street just oppostite Bugis Junction (Think its called Costume Costume) that I rented a really nifty Morticia Addams costume from.

You have to run to them quick, as most of these store tend to run out of costumes really quick in October! :o
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Post by seraphim » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 4:17 pm

Are you joining us KT? :D
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

KT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by KT » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 4:37 pm

sounds fun ....... i might be in KL during that period of time tho .... so i cant commit at the moment
seraphim wrote:Are you joining us KT? :D
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 8:10 am

If these places run out of costumes then I'll just turn up as my normal self, can't be bothered to work on some party so much. Also, next day then I'll have to go running to return the costume...will get too hectic. Ok I'll stop whining now. :P

MangoCar
Regular
Regular

Post by MangoCar » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:23 pm

seraphim wrote:Theres another place along Seah Street just oppostite Bugis Junction (Think its called Costume Costume) that I rented a really nifty Morticia Addams costume from.

You have to run to them quick, as most of these store tend to run out of costumes really quick in October! :o
PM'd you the info you need.

superedge
Chatter
Chatter

Post by superedge » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:11 am

MangoCar wrote:
seraphim wrote:Theres another place along Seah Street just oppostite Bugis Junction (Think its called Costume Costume) that I rented a really nifty Morticia Addams costume from.

hi MangoCar,

if the info you PM was regarding halloween costumes, PLEASE post it here at the forum. It can be useful for others who are searching for it.

MangoCar
Regular
Regular

Post by MangoCar » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:53 pm

superedge wrote:
MangoCar wrote:

hi MangoCar,

if the info you PM was regarding halloween costumes, PLEASE post it here at the forum. It can be useful for others who are searching for it.
Haha~~, it's regarding a function hall here. We are considering to rent it for the event but seraphim will decide finally next week.
Join us for this Sunday beach volleyball?? See you again soon!

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Post by seraphim » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 4:01 pm

superedge wrote:if the info you PM was regarding halloween costumes, PLEASE post it here at the forum. It can be useful for others who are searching for it.
I'm actually trying to simplify things for this party by NOT forcing everyone to go out and rent a costume. Of course if you prefer to do so its fine with us, but if you're lazy (like Sapphire) then all you really need to do is:

1) choose a celebrity or Hollywood character
2) rifle through your wardrobe till you find something that makes you look like that person
3) and hey presto! You're done.

Think of it - Lara Croft. Throw on a white tank top, khaki shorts, red tinted sunnies, a pair of Doc Martens and braid your hair. Guns are optional and probably the only thing you would need to rent (unless you're an arms dealer - no live rounds please!).

I'm loathe to rent something, as past experience has taught me to only rent from costumers at least a month in advance if you want a decent get up.

Imitate and innovate! :mrgreen: