Singapore Expats

THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
regreter

THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN

Post by regreter » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:46 am

movie: THE 40-YEAR OLD VIRGIN

is it ok?
im going to buy the tix if its good..

Aristippus

re: 40 yr old virgin

Post by Aristippus » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 3:52 pm

Just saw the movie last nite. Dont bother about getting the ticket. It is absolute CRAP. Dont really know what the fuss is all about. The whole movie is so cliched, predictable and completely TACKY. And when it comes to characters, as usual for a cheap movie like this, is so purely based on stereotypes. The straw that broke the camel's back was when they have run out of ideas and in a lame attempt at being funny and cute, the movie ended with all the cast broke into a song and did an 'Indian' dance number.

I think the movie will appeal to most locals coz they like slapstick, 'cute-cute', obvious humour. Watch this movie only if you like the feeling of your hair standing on its ends.

jag78
Regular
Regular

Re: re: 40 yr old virgin

Post by jag78 » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 2:27 pm

Aristippus wrote:Just saw the movie last nite. Dont bother about getting the ticket. It is absolute CRAP. Dont really know what the fuss is all about. The whole movie is so cliched, predictable and completely TACKY. And when it comes to characters, as usual for a cheap movie like this, is so purely based on stereotypes. The straw that broke the camel's back was when they have run out of ideas and in a lame attempt at being funny and cute, the movie ended with all the cast broke into a song and did an 'Indian' dance number.

I think the movie will appeal to most locals coz they like slapstick, 'cute-cute', obvious humour. Watch this movie only if you like the feeling of your hair standing on its ends.
Hi regreter,

Heard it was doing well in the US but was a total letdown, for me at least. And Aristippus, was that remark really necessary?

uncle_james
Regular
Regular

Post by uncle_james » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 2:31 am

this movie doesn't serve the same effect as "Scary Movie",
you won't see much juicy joke.

the movie plot is flat, nothing very exciting, I doubt if can attract local market.

however, it do very well at US market as "The Wedding Crashers" does...
: )

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Post by babykasim » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 8:25 am

agree...

I actually watched it 'cos there's nothing else to watch :(
even the waxing scene which was supposedly the funniest part of the film was not that funny...
overall - its an 'okay only' movie..