Singapore Expats Forum

Sorry

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Sorry

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 1:40 am

Sorry everyone, I haven't posted for a while. Just been a bit down. Must be the weather, or something.

Post me some daft and silly things back, could do with a laugh or a group hug.

Mwahh....and ta.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 3:49 am

Sorry to hear you are feeling down in the dumps!!!

Maybe a walk in the nature may get you out of it, look at the beautiful birds sing, all the wonderful colours they have, god really did create some wonderful things!

My daughter several months ago, spotted a stray kitten, by the childcare centre, and asked if we could keep it! Well living in an apartment isn't the best place to have a Cat, so I said no, at first.

She was so heartbroken, so I said we cannot just take it, becuase maybe it belongs to someone, she said no dad see, there are many, its only this one that keeps following us.

Quickly i said give me your rucksack, and i nabbed the kitten, and away we went. It's been 6 months now, the kitten cost around 300$ to be treated, injections and check up, but I can say, it was really worth it.

Watching the kitten play every day, going through her routine of hunting, and survival skills, makes me so happy, that at least we managed to give one of them a loving home.

Our apartment contract said no pets, but I have already notified the owner and said we have the cat, and we intend to keep it, So if you want us out, we will move? We can stay, and I have decided wherever we go the cat goes, she is now part of the family, not that my wife is happy about that, but my daughter is, and she also learns how to look after animals. Cheer up Bubbs, start doing some home made Christmas decorations, that'll cheer you up!
Attachments
cat2.JPG
(31.54 KiB) Downloaded 412 times

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Sorry

Postby Kimi » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 8:49 am

Bubbles wrote:ack, could do with a laugh or a group hug.

Mwahh....and ta.

I was trying to cheer up a kid yesterday but to no avail, so I'll give you what has been said to be the best my sign people, Cancerians can give, a world-class hug:

Hope you feel better!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 11:43 am

I thought Cancerians were world-class kissers. :mrgreen:

Cheer up Bubbs, you have to live upto your nick! You can't disappoint us girl!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 10:08 pm

For Bubbs,

with love :wink:

since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you;

wholly to be a fool
while Spring is in the world

my blood approves,
and kisses are a far better fate
than wisdom
lady I swear by all flowers. Don't cry
--the best gesture of my brain is less than
your eyelids' flutter which says

we are for eachother: then
laugh, leaning back in my arms
for life's not a paragraph

And death I think is no parenthesis

Eric

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 10:47 pm

group hug for Bubbles!

:console: :console: :console: :console:

here's a daft poem to entertain you... daft to me anyway, i'm sure it's pretty deep if only i understood it!

what if a much of a which of a wind
gives the truth to summer's lie
bloodies with dizzying leaves the sun
and yanks immortal stars awry?

blow king to beggar and queen to seem
(blow friend to fiend: blow space to time)
- when skies are hanged and oceans drowned
the single secret will be man

what if a keen of a lean wind flays
screaming hills with sleet and snow:
strangles valleys by ropes of thing
and stifles forests in white ago?

blow hope to terror: blow seeing to blind
(blow pity to envy and soul to mind)
- whose hearts are mountains, roots and trees
it's they shall cry hello to the spring

what if a dawn of a doom of a dream
bites this universe in two
peels forever out of his grave
and sprinkles nowhere with me and you?

blow soon to never and never to twice
(blow life to isn't: blow death to was)
- all nothing's only our hugest home
the most who die, the more we live.

-- ee cummings

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 3:54 am

I just want to say, without getting all silly and sloppy, that I appreciate, more than mere words can say, all your messages here.

I am feeling better now, I don't know why I get cheesed off, I like to think it's because I'm artistic, and a bit crazy (you know, ups, downs, insanity, sanity) but I'm just like everyone else of course, I just get fed up sometimes.

I've been working flat out, late into the nights, to get to grips with this damned story and I truly think that the change in bodyclock timing has made me feel like this. Has anyone else experienced something of this sort? Also, the nights are quickly drawing in here in the UK, and the clocks go back in less than two weeks so it'll be dark by 4.30pm soon. That's always a cause to stick the duvet over your head....either that or watch Corrie and Eastenders continuously till April.

So, to Kimi...x....WIMH....x....Sapphire...x...KSL...x and of course, Eric..x (Beautiful poem)...I say, thanks my friends, I'll do the same for you if you need it.

Dylan Thomas.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 3:55 am

AND I LOVE THAT KITTY PIC, AWWWW.....AND THE HUG!!

Dylan Thomas.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 8:18 am

Bubbles wrote:I've been working flat out, late into the nights, to get to grips with this damned story and I truly think that the change in bodyclock timing has made me feel like this. Has anyone else experienced something of this sort?

boy can i identify with that! you're not alone Bubbs.

the last few months i've been keeping crazy hours too, sleeping way past midnight and up at the crack of dawn, no more than 5 hours sleep on average... and i'm the kind who needs 8 hours and am a morning person so late nights really skew my body clock...

yep, that got me down. frustrated to the point of tears sometimes. still, there's light at the end of the tunnel (or at the end of winter in your case, ha ha). it's just a temporary inconvenience to get something important done.

just hang in there girl.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:48 am

You're welcome Bubbs, now snap out of it, if you haven't already! You know you love us too much to stay away from the forum. :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 5:36 pm

Ok I remember when we were planning the Bintan trip and I was a little peevish the nite before, Fohls did this...with a different smiley but it brought a grin to my face. Hope it does to yours as well Bubbs.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Em Eye » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 7:44 pm

Hi Bubbles,

Hope you are feeling a little better. Go run a bath, light some candles, turn on some music and just relax and daydream....or pop some popcorn snuggle up on the coach and watch your favourite movie.

We're sending lots of Singapore Sunshine.

I've often wondered..what's your book about?

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 7:58 pm

Hey Bubbs,

What you may have already have figured out, is that people like you (and by that I mean sensitive, creative, bright, witty, charming) are more susceptible to 'the blackies' then some who are less less conscious.

Its kind of the price you pay for burning so bright. Good news is, intelligent girl that you are, you'll get over it quickly, learn from your experiences, dust yourself off and do something fabulous, just you wait and see.

Cheers,

Mary, aka BH10Y

stefania
Chatter
Chatter

Postby stefania » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 9:59 pm

Bubba, i know exactly how you feel because i'm in the same position now if anyone noticed my disappearance at all. :roll: :( On the other hand, the 40-degrees fever isn't helping and i can't take any medical leave because of the neverending pile of work...

The best comes later, hang in there. :)

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:08 pm

Copy cat.
some signatures are more equal than others