Singapore Expats Forum

SINGAPORE Shoppers Paradise! I Love Singapore Shops

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Indonesian Shopper

SINGAPORE Shoppers Paradise! I Love Singapore Shops

Postby Indonesian Shopper » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 10:25 pm

I suppose it's a well known facts, that Singapore Is a Shoppers Paradise!
I Love The Shops...

Been Shopping In Singapore Since Years Ago, 30 years ago to be exact.

Thank God Singapore is only minutes away from my hometown Jakarta.

I guess me and more than 10 million other Indonesian shoppers visiting Singapore each month, would agree that singapore is a shoppers paradise

Singapore... we love you...
Indonesian Shopper Inc

Shopping In Singapore Since 1975

citizen deek

Re: SINGAPORE Shoppers Paradise! I Love Singapore Shops

Postby citizen deek » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 11:16 pm

Indonesian Shopper wrote:Thank God Singapore is only minutes away from my hometown Jakarta.

wow. i would love u too, if you'd let me into whichever private jet / helicopter you own that took you from Jakarta to Singapore in minutes.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Re: SINGAPORE Shoppers Paradise! I Love Singapore Shops

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 11:26 pm

citizen deek wrote:
Indonesian Shopper wrote:Thank God Singapore is only minutes away from my hometown Jakarta.

wow. i would love u too, if you'd let me into whichever private jet / helicopter you own that took you from Jakarta to Singapore in minutes.

Metaphores? :wink:

Eric

Indonesian Shopper

Postby Indonesian Shopper » Fri, 07 Oct 2005 5:04 am

hmm well, the actual flight time needed from take off at CGK (Jakarta) and landing at Changi singapore is actually 60 minutes, that's why I said in "minutes"
( the delay for landing procedure and traffic pattern time is omitted)

it is by far faster than say... take off CGK and land at London Heathrow Airport which needs 16 hours flight time :D

Of all the trips from Jakarta to the UK I have been during my study at University of London days, the fastest I ever experienced reaching London Heathrow from jakarta is 14 hours...

this makes singapore reachable within minutes only sort of speak :wink:
Indonesian Shopper Inc

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 2:15 pm

Indonesian Shopper,

Thank you for choosing our country for your shopping needs. We love to have Indonesian tourists, and for that matter all tourists. That aside, what make you pick Singapore over other cities like KL, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Shanghai and the other Chinese cities?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 4:02 pm

earthfriendly wrote:Indonesian Shopper,

Thank you for choosing our country for your shopping needs. We love to have Indonesian tourists, and for that matter all tourists. That aside, what make you pick Singapore over other cities like KL, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Shanghai and the other Chinese cities?

He/she already told you.....can be here in minutes not hours

Indonesian Shopper

Postby Indonesian Shopper » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 5:59 pm

earthfriendly wrote:Indonesian Shopper,

Ok well...
firstly

*Singapore is closer to my hometown, and there are 33 flights scheduled daily from Jakarta - Singapore, served by 22 Airlines, can be said there is always a flight to singapore every hour on the hour :)

*Singapore compared to any other nearest Asian cities, is the cleanest place and pretty much far well organized, which is good for tourist

*Singaporean speaks English but understands the habit of Indonesians well, not sure if this since there are malay singaporeans as part of the singapore population

*Singapore shops are better than in HK and KL, Bangkok, there are always lots of new places to patronize each months, probably because business competitiion is fierce in singapore, thats why we keep seeing new places close down fast and up appeared new ones with different theme. this is very nice for tourists

*Singapore have the most rapid products and merchandize turn around, of all new stuffs can be bought in Singapore within days of its release

*I have a long history of visiting Singapore that goes back to 1975, since my childhood days, me dad used to take me while he do business there. That time when me dad mentioned singapore, I always thought of two things.. shops and toys :oops: my sisters and my mom shares the same feelings too, but of course they dont buy toys lol

*Singapore to our believe, have the best hotels compared to say hongkong, thailand or KL

*Singapore have similar tastes to Indonesia, for things like food, culture and entertainment

*Singapore have always respected ethnic and cultural harmony, so even I as a moslem can do religious activities with no problem, Mosque are plentiful, in fact the one near Paragon Orchard, is the best mosque in city centre I've seen

*Singaporeans welcomes Indonesians very well, not sure if this due to many Indonesians spends their money there, or is it because due to the fact that almost half private condos in singapore are owned by Indonesian nationals, or is it because Indonesians supply maids there?? bottomline is Indonesians are well known in Singapore

*Singapore is the best place to keep my small but hard earned savings, somethings which I never want to keep locally :).. actually... Singapore provide safest place for Indonesian Investments, Although 200 million Indonesian population are within poverty line, the remaining 30 or so millions are of the super sper rich, they like to invest in singapore from both their legal earnings and their ill gotten money (corruption etc)

*My sister who has recently been appointed Vice Indonesian Ambassador to Singapore, she was given this huge house to stay which just makes things even sweeter when I visit SG :D
Indonesian Shopper Inc