Singapore Expats

foreigners have to use agent to register a local company ??

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter

foreigners have to use agent to register a local company ??

Post by fx8fx » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 7:06 pm

ACRA said

a foreign individual with Approval in Principle letter from MOM is prohibited from registering a company on his own. You may wish to approach our appointed Service Bureau to assist you in the
>>company registration.

Then , ACRA give me the contact info of this agent DP Bureau Pte Ltd

wonder whether foreigners have to use agent to register a local company :???: ? if yes, is there any good agent recommended and how is the price ( registration , 1st year secretary service and so on )?

tks

memorieschc

Re: foreigners have to use agent to register a local company

Post by memorieschc » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 8:56 pm

fx8fx wrote:ACRA said

a foreign individual with Approval in Principle letter from MOM is prohibited from registering a company on his own. You may wish to approach our appointed Service Bureau to assist you in the
>>company registration.

wonder whether foreigners have to use agent to register a local company :???: ? if yes, is there any good agent recommended and how is the price ( registration , 1st year secretary service and so on )?

tks
Oh, I think u have misunderstood what ACRA meant. That agent DP Bureau will still not register a local company for u if u do not have the Approval in Principle letter from MOM.

What ACRA really meant is that they have outsource the registration of companies to that agent and u may approach them for any enquiries pertaining to registrating a company or if u want to register a company in Singapore.

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by fx8fx » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 9:07 pm

memorieschc wrote:
fx8fx wrote:ACRA said

>>company registration.

tks
Oh, I think u have misunderstood what ACRA meant. That agent DP Bureau will still not register a local company for u if u do not have the Approval in Principle letter from MOM.

What ACRA really meant is that they have outsource the registration of companies to that agent and u may approach them for any enquiries pertaining to registrating a company or if u want to register a company in Singapore.
sorry, i can not understand why you have such understanding, it's clearly that ACRA's meaning is foreigners have to use agent to register a local company .

I just want to make sure is there any foreigner ever registered a company directly via the internet .

if we have to use agent, any members could recommend a good baby , tks.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 9:42 pm

I believe you must have one local director (who may be an EP or PR) and you must have a local registered address.

The easiest way to accomplish both is to hire an accounting firm that can supply your registered address, and if necessary, supply a local director. Then your accountant can file to create the business.

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by fx8fx » Fri, 07 Oct 2005 2:34 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I believe you must have one local director (who may be an EP or PR) and you must have a local registered address.

The easiest way to accomplish both is to hire an accounting firm that can supply your registered address, and if necessary, supply a local director. Then your accountant can file to create the business.

yes, "Approval in Principle letter from MOM " means EP. I just wonder is there any EP could registered the company at internet directly .

And is there any list for good accounting firm for company registration .

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:03 pm

fx8fx wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I believe you must have one local director (who may be an EP or PR) and you must have a local registered address.

yes, "Approval in Principle letter from MOM " means EP. I just wonder is there any EP could registered the company at internet directly .

And is there any list for good accounting firm for company registration .
If you have your approval in principle letter then you have a FIN, and I think that if you sign up for a singpass you can do the registration online. But, it is necessary to have the singpass...

http://www.ecitizen.gov.sg/singpass/central.htm

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:47 pm

I hold a PR here and I registered 2 companies here online through the ACRA site, and yes, you do need the singpass for that.

If you 'only' hold the Approved in Principle, then first apply for the 'full' PR. After that you can register online easily.

Eric

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 3:26 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:I hold a PR here and I registered 2 companies here online through the ACRA site, and yes, you do need the singpass for that.

If you 'only' hold the Approved in Principle, then first apply for the 'full' PR. After that you can register online easily.

Eric
You don't need PR to get a Singpass, EP will do. Since you can use the approval in principle letter for a month or so before getting your EP, the chances are excellent that your FIN number is in the system.

beachbod

Post by beachbod » Thu, 17 Nov 2005 5:11 pm

[quote="fx8fx"]ACRA said

>>company registration.

>>>>>>> :) :)

U can try to call and talk to Mr Hafiez or Sharon,

LIM CHEN MANAGEMENT PTE LTD
BLK 208, HOUGANG ST 21,
#04-223,SINGAPORE 530208.
TEL: 62875311/ 62873359
FAX:62856889

Shadou

Post by Shadou » Thu, 17 Nov 2005 6:17 pm

Hmmm...that's strange. I was on an EP, quit working so I can set up my own business here, currently on a SVP and I just registererd yesterday online with no problems at all...at least so far I've had no problems. And yes, I'm a foreigner so not sure about that. I think if you already have a FIN number in the system it makes things easier. Good luck.