Singapore Expats

Eton house-Broderick Road campus

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
dragon9

Eton house-Broderick Road campus

Post by dragon9 » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:34 pm

Hi- does anyone have any opinions/input on this East Coast school?
We have primary aged children and are considering it. Thank you!! :)

dragon9

Post by dragon9 » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 1:06 am

hmmm no news on this Eton-need to decide! bad news is equally welcome-am having second thoughts already-anything??

skye
Chatter
Chatter

Post by skye » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 2:42 pm

No first hand experience but will put in my 2 cents since no-one has answered you yet. My friend's two kids have been there for nearly 3 years and they are happy and thriving and seem like bright, enthusiastic and polite students with lots of friends in school. She has mentioned that she is happy with their progress, especially when compared with their friends back home and the schooling is a factor in wanting to stay on here. They pay the fees themselves and feel they get good value.

dragon9

Post by dragon9 » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 3:06 pm

thanks for your input-yes it does seem like it would be good for a
happy transition. cheers!

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Post by k1w1 » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 7:28 pm

Alright, here's my bit.

They have recently brought in the PYP programme, and I have heard very good things about this side of it (from staff and parents).

Have heard that the local kids that go are generally not a good representation of local kids in general as they have far more money than other kids and have a totally different life than "normal" so if this appeals to you (having a mix of local and expat kids, I mean) then it might not be as good a "mix" as it seems. However, local kids are not allowed in private primary schools, so if your kids are over 7 yrs old, that won't be a relevant comment...

Otherwise, it is supposed to be a very international and friendly school. As always, the teachers will make a big difference so I would suggest that you meet him or her too.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 7:18 am

I do not having children attending there, but there are seveeral expat families at our condo have children there. They seem pleased with the school, the children are happy and that's what counts, isn't it?

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Loops » Sat, 22 Oct 2005 6:50 pm

Our children are there - we're happy with the school and their progress. The PYP system seems to be working well and it is a nice, small, friendly school.

We pay the fees ourselves too and that is partly why we chose the school (cheaper!), but now they are there (and have been for nearly 3 years), we don't regret our decision.

dragon9

Post by dragon9 » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:41 pm

thank you very much for vote of confidence :D :D looking for family friendly condo nearby this school too-any favourites?

dragon9

Post by dragon9 » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:28 pm

those are all good tips-epspcially waterina ,but the flats are too small-not too many in the area with 2,000 sq feet are there?

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by Pal » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:40 pm

Waterside has 2,000 sq ft 3 bedrooms and 2,400 sq ft 4 bedrooms

Newer developments are less spacious than Waterside.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Loops » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 9:23 am

yes Waterside is big - the older ones are bigger. we looked at one off Meyer rd which was a lovely big apartment - small complex. I think it was called Mulan court. someone told me that the Sovereign and Hawaii towers were big apartments too.