Singapore Expats Forum

An Interesting Dutchman (No I don't mean Eric)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:18 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:Plavt, the articles were fascinating. thanks for posting the links.

let's see, i've long thought that mosquitoes are attracted to blood type B. when i'm around my friends don't get bitten because the mozzies all go for me. i've asked around and other B blood types seem to have similar experiences. but of course no one believes me because i'm a nobody in the scientific world! ](*,)

does that prove your point? :wink:


Quite possible WIMH, according to at least one of the 'Lonely Planet' guides the mozzies as people like to call them tend to go for women during their menstrual cycle. You may not have heard this since you live in Asia and probably found no need to resort to such guides. However, the guide I was reading was a few years ago and since then it is published by different authors who may or may not have included the same information. Should I be able to locate the copy I read or at least the authors name I will PM you. Since you are a writer I am sure that would be of interest.


Plavt.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:26 am

Follow up for my last Post: Whenever my mother is abroad in the tropics the mozzies like biting her and me too, they seem very attracted to both of us. Yet mum's husband is never bothered by them as some other people aren't. I would imagine there is definitely some bodily chemistry involved but would have no idea how to find out. BTW the WIMH, I thought you would be interested, must say I am little surprised Bubbles hasn't looked although perhaps she is busy, in any case I don't know what she writes about.

I have no idea what my blood type is though.



Best Wishes.

Plavt.

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:35 am

Plavt wrote:Since you are a writer I am sure that would be of interest.

i just realised i am not a writer.

i am an undiscovered and uncelebrated scientist. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:41 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:
Plavt wrote:Since you are a writer I am sure that would be of interest.

i just realised i am not a writer.

i am an undiscovered and uncelebrated scientist. :mrgreen:



Ha ha, I wonder what your next move is? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:53 am

Plavt wrote:Ha ha, I wonder what your next move is? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

move? MOVE??? gosh, we scientists get no respect these days...

my dear man, it's called a THEORY, or HYPOTHESIS, or DISCOVERY, or INVENTION, or even POSTULATE...

"move" indeed... ](*,) :wink:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests