Singapore Expats Forum

Why women make better suicide bombers

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Why women make better suicide bombers

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:27 pm

interesting commentary in today's straits times about the rising numbers of women suicide bombers and how they are more committed and reliable than the men. according to the journalist, it boils down to two factors:

- women's nurturing side means that once they are convinced that their actions will benefit their family, are more determined to go through with it

- their desire to prove that they are as worthy as the men, in a culture where women's place is still in the home, makes them more deliberately ruthless

so there you are. women, as usual, are better at the job! :D

Shabu-Shabu

Postby Shabu-Shabu » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:32 pm

I concur!
Have you heard of the saying, "A woman has to be twice as good as a man to be considered just as good as one?"

I simply agree with that.
Meowing out,
- Shabu-Shabu -

IrishinSing

Postby IrishinSing » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 5:35 pm

Shabu-Shabu wrote:Have you heard of the saying, "A woman has to be twice as good as a man to be considered just as good as one?"

So she'll have to blow herself up twice ?
"I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They're upstairs in my socks." -Groucho Marx

citizen deek

Postby citizen deek » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 6:08 pm

where is she gonna hide the bomb? in her bra? up her ass?

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 6:37 pm

And men don't have asses?

Funny, very funny.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 8:12 pm

Under the burkha. Room for thousands of pounds of explosives and a couple of small armoured track vehicles as well.

Viceroy Isabel Kebab Iota

Postby Viceroy Isabel Kebab Iota » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 8:18 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Under the burkha. Room for thousands of pounds of explosives and a couple of small armoured track vehicles as well.

According to Citizen Deek she doesn't need a burka. I'm with you SE. Fanatisism is not partial to either sex. It gets in bed with the poor and ignorant regardless.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 8:31 pm

Viceroy Isabel Kebab Iota wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:Under the burkha. Room for thousands of pounds of explosives and a couple of small armoured track vehicles as well.

According to Citizen Deek she doesn't need a burka. I'm with you SE. Fanatisism is not partial to either sex. It gets in bed with the poor and ignorant regardless.

Cool handle! Is it a bestowed title, oh honorific one?

Postby Viceroy Isabel Kebab Iota » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 8:37 pm

Ya know SE, it just came to me. It does have significance, but I've outgrown BH10Y, so here I stand before you: Viceroy Isabel Kebab Iota (don't wear it out!) :wink:
Last edited by Viceroy Isabel Kebab Iota on Wed, 05 Oct 2005 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 8:43 pm

Viceroy Isabel Kebab Iota wrote:Ya know SE, it just came to me. It does have significance, but I've outgrown BH10Y, so here I stand before you: Viceroy Isabel Kebaba Iota (don't wear it out!) :wink:

Hmmmm... you've been here eleven years now? Acronym = VIKI... Viki... is that you? Viki... ok... with a 'c' was one of the hottest women I have ever known. (Must return from memory lane and put on my velcro sneakers).

Postby Viceroy Isabel Kebab Iota » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 8:47 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Viceroy Isabel Kebab Iota wrote:Ya know SE, it just came to me. It does have significance, but I've outgrown BH10Y, so here I stand before you: Viceroy Isabel Kebaba Iota (don't wear it out!) :wink:

Hmmmm... you've been here eleven years now? Acronym = VIKI... Viki... is that you? Viki... ok... with a 'c' was one of the hottest women I have ever known. (Must return from memory lane and put on my velcro sneakers).

Well that certainly could not be me. I'm like 100 years old.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 8:52 pm

Viceroy Isabel Kebab Iota wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:

Well that certainly could not be me. I'm like 100 years old.

Cool again... I'm into 'older' women... especially those that think velcro sneakers are cute.

Postby Viceroy Isabel Kebab Iota » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 8:56 pm

You must know from my earlier posts that I would NEVER get on the back of that boss hog of yours. So, alas, there our relationship must meet it's thorny end.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 9:38 pm

Viceroy Isabel Kebab Iota wrote:You must know from my earlier posts that I would NEVER get on the back of that boss hog of yours. So, alas, there our relationship must meet it's thorny end.

It's only an infantile substitute for the real "boss hog" anyway. Which of course, has totally different ride characteristics... not to mention that you don't get onto the back of it... and is subject to an entirely different set of dangers.

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Why women make better suicide bombers

Postby Plavt » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:09 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:interesting commentary in today's straits times about the rising numbers of women suicide bombers and how they are more committed and reliable than the men. according to the journalist, it boils down to two factors:

- women's nurturing side means that once they are convinced that their actions will benefit their family, are more determined to go through with it

- their desire to prove that they are as worthy as the men, in a culture where women's place is still in the home, makes them more deliberately ruthless

so there you are. women, as usual, are better at the job! :D

Sounds like women can be real dangerous!1 :lol: :lol: :lol: