Singapore Expats Forum

Migrating from Singapore, where do we want to go and live?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

GordonGekko
Regular
Regular

Postby GordonGekko » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 3:25 am

Eric,

The only thing I can help you with is to say is that Sweden is overrated. :(
You do what you are.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 8:04 am

Probably doesn't answers Eric's original question correctly, but our next move would actually be back to Singapore :o

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 9:20 am

Like our multi-nicked friend BH10Y/VIKI/MHB I want to migrate back to the farm. No Mountains unfortunately, but got deer and other flora & fauna, waterfront, 40° summers and -14° winters.

Unlike her, I've only got a 1 hour drive to the "City" should I want to get back to 'hectic' civilization (either Baltimore or Washington DC). Might have to think twice about driving the Caddie though now that gas (petrol for the rest of you) is up around 2.85/gallon.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 10:21 am

GordonGekko wrote:Eric,

The only thing I can help you with is to say is that Sweden is overrated. :(

Your Swedish, aren't you? :wink:

My eldest brother lives in the mid-northern part of Sweden for the summer, in winter he goes back to Holland. He has a huge property there and built himself a house in Sweden. Hist closest neighbours are about 60km away, he is living at the shore of a lake, where he will go fishing every day. From his stories, pictures and videos, it seemed like a good place to retire, which is what he is doing. He retired at 50 years old, the lucky guy...

Lots of people think The Netherlands is paradise, I would not even go back if they gave me money...

Eric

paellafanatic

Postby paellafanatic » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 11:12 am

I love Canada. I hate the weather and the cold but love everything else there. I love its multiculturalism, its liberal-leaning social values.

I would love to live in Toronto if I weren't from Singapore. I guess I would have to tolerate the weather and all, but other things are attractive enough to win me over. My perfect place would be Toronto in Canada with the climate of Australia :)

GordonGekko
Regular
Regular

Postby GordonGekko » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 9:42 pm

Hi Eric,

I'm Finnish, but I have lived in Sweden most of my life.
Sweden is ideal for retirees and loners who do not mind to pay the highest taxes on the planet. :wink: