Singapore Expats Forum

vacuum cleaner

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

simchim

vacuum cleaner

Postby simchim » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 5:12 pm

I want to buy a vacuum cleaner for my house, which can help me clean carpet, fans, computer, keyboard and help me do all the dusting etc. Can someone suggest me which brand should I go for - Phillips, Sharp, Panasonic, Electolux or any other brands. [/i]

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 5:14 pm

I suggest you buy them all, that should do the job?

Eric

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Re: vacuum cleaner

Postby beenhere10years » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 5:15 pm

simchim wrote:I want to buy a vacuum cleaner for my house, which can help me clean carpet, fans, computer, keyboard and help me do all the dusting etc. Can someone suggest me which brand should I go for - Phillips, Sharp, Panasonic, Electolux or any other brands. [/i]

They all suck!
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 5:21 pm

beenhere10years wrote:
simchim wrote:I want to buy a vacuum cleaner for my house, which can help me clean carpet, fans, computer, keyboard and help me do all the dusting etc. Can someone suggest me which brand should I go for - Phillips, Sharp, Panasonic, Electolux or any other brands. [/i]

They all suck!

you funny girl... :D

Eric

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 5:22 pm

Sorry, bad joke. I bought a Dyson in the US. It's brilliant but very expensive. I was going to buy one here but the guy at Best Denki talked me into a cheaper make based on the same principle (no bag). It's a Rowenta. If you do decide to go for a model with a bag -- buy all the bags they have in the store. When they run out your doomed and that really does suck. :)
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 9:09 pm

I purchased an Amway bagless vac 8 yrs ago in Australia. It was expensive, but worth it. They're not available here, so I'd probably go with the bagless type and Dyson is the only one I know that is available here.
As stated by SMS, they are suck!! :lol:

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 9:21 pm

[quote="Matney"As stated by SMS, they are suck!! :lol:[/quote]

Hey! Credit, where credit is due...

-- jack handy

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 9:22 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
beenhere10years wrote:

They all suck!

you funny girl... :D

Eric

Guess in the vacuum left by Banana our meager attempts at humor fill the void 8)

-- jack handy

bigcalin

Vacuum Cleaner

Postby bigcalin » Fri, 07 Oct 2005 12:21 am

Go for the Dyson.....it's worth every dollar that you pay for. I have been using mine for almost 2 years and still loving it. (Excellent after sales service makes me a loyal supporter). My husband bought me an Osim Vacuum cleaner recently (the one with the steam cleaner) not as powerful, to many gadgets and not idiot-proof. :mad:

vinvic

Postby vinvic » Fri, 07 Oct 2005 5:03 pm

[quote="simchim"]I want to buy a vacuum cleaner for my house, which can help me clean carpet, fans, computer, keyboard and help me do all the dusting etc. Can someone suggest me which brand should I go for - Phillips, Sharp, Panasonic, Electolux or any other brands. [/i][/quote]

Hi are u keen of buying second hand.I have one extra Osim Mermaid water base cleaning system.selling cheap.come with all standard accs.In very good condition.Just spent S$60 bucks to change the filter(two).
offering:S$180/= net.(self collect at Pasir Ris)
If keen pls sms:96385036
Thanks.