Singapore Expats

How happy are you with your life?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Extremely happy! Couldn't ask for a better life!
15%
Very happy! Rare rough patches but generally great!
19%
Generally happy... life can't be perfect, after all
19%
Neither happy nor unhappy.
8%
Generally unhappy... I have a good day here and then
19%
Very unhappy. Moments of happiness are rare...
4%
Extremely unhappy! Wish I had another life!
8%
Happiness doesn't matter to me
No votes
Other
8%

Total votes: 26

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 4:44 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:I'm going to stick to Mary Hatch Bailey for a while. I'm a sentimental sap after all & I love that move so, so much. Still such an important message, 60 years later.
Methinks someone is homesick. :console:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 5:00 pm

Always, always...

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 7:34 pm

yuks wrote:Totally agree that happiness changes by the second. I was truely happy till yesterday - thought it was all good - and today I'm in shambles wondering how I could have possibly f***** up something that was so good so badly :(
you're not alone

but, it does get better, and sometimes even better than it was

it does, so just keep that in mind, and find something positive to bide the time until it does

and don't beat yourself up about it, or you'll end up extending it

consider me an expert in this.....
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 9:31 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
Mary Hatch Bailey wrote: Hey WIMH. No need to bake a banana bread -- it's me BH10Y. Still test driving. I think I like this one the best.
You're not suffering from MPS I hope? :cry:

Eric
No, no. No Sybil here.

I think I'll stick with this one. :)
Maybe not Sybil, but if you keep it up we will start to think you are Mystic Law, he has at least 5 or 6 nicks on the Angry Board! Not sure how many here. :mrgdreen:

I'm so confused....... #-o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Kimi » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 9:49 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: Maybe not Sybil, but if you keep it up we will start to think you are Mystic Law, he has at least 5 or 6 nicks on the Angry Board! Not sure how many here. :mrgreen:

How do you recognise they belong to the same person? Writing style?

TCCP

Post by TCCP » Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:51 pm

Happiness starts with appreciation.

Happiness says that we wanted to give our very best and do our very best every minute of our life. No regrets.

Happiness is to enjoy the journey of sweet roses and rought patches route, and make the best out of it.

Finally, happiness is being able to wake up for another day, see the love ones, do what we want and suppose to do for the day, and make life as pleasant as possible.

Positive attitude is happiness!
Hi, I'm Theresa. We assist in searching a nice home for you; looking alternative jobs according to your data and IT projects for your organisation; support parenting and good health issues faced.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:18 pm

Kimi wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote: Maybe not Sybil, but if you keep it up we will start to think you are Mystic Law, he has at least 5 or 6 nicks on the Angry Board! Not sure how many here. :mrgreen:

How do you recognise they belong to the same person? Writing style?
He generally has no style what-so-ever. Just cut & paste. But he admitted as much because he kept cross posting here using mystic law while posting using various nicks on the angry board (talking point primarily).

We can & do recognize a lot of our former trolls (some of which are currently registered but can still be recognized) by their writing styles and habits. Kinda like us posting in the guest thread last week and trying to guess each other solely on our posting styles. I think your's is the last post there currently. :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 10:55 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Kinda like us posting in the guest thread last week and trying to guess each other solely on our posting styles. I think your's is the last post there currently. :mrgreen:
sms, duh! #-o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 1:23 pm

I am a bit of a moody person so I generally pass through all phases of human emotion in one day - Right through from Extermely Happy, Angry, Sad, Pissed Off, etc etc.

I suppose you could say I am a pretty emotional person I just dont like to show it lah :cool: