Singapore Expats Forum

Help, going crazy.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Help, going crazy.

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 02 Oct 2005 7:34 pm

Suggestions needed for insane Welsh female who is fed up with trying to cook lunch, clean house, write a chapter of book, and is hooked on writing daft stuff in forums.
What should she do (apart from shoot herself) to make the day brighter.

All suggestions on a postcard to.........................

BUBBS.......
(Keep sexual content of suggestions on a low level, not up to Kama Sutra nos 2010 this morning, got an aching head...too much wine last night.)
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 02 Oct 2005 7:35 pm

That's it, hush my mouth, I've lost the plot. Off to baste the chicken. (Ah, exciting life, what?)

Dylan Thomas.

asaciel

Postby asaciel » Sun, 02 Oct 2005 7:48 pm

I tried cooking, laundry and cleaning up the house after a day's work...I think I don't like it. I think I can't be a housewife.

You are way~ better than me. :roll:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Oct 2005 8:33 pm

asaciel wrote:I tried cooking, laundry and cleaning up the house after a day's work...I think I don't like it. I think I can't be a housewife.

You are way~ better than me. :roll:

Dollar to a donut you're a Singaporean! #-o

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 12:43 am

Done the lunch (chicken and chips) Done the ironing. Done the chapter. Done the chat to relatives who popped in...sigh...............Done the answers to threads in the forum..........now doing this.

Should I get a life? Or is this it? ARRRGHHH, yes this IS it.

I am now going to get a drinkie....well, the sun's over the yardarm, as they say here....and maybe there, who knows?

I'm burbling now and I know it.

Beautiful, beautiful autumn afternoon here, all gold and red. Pheasant in my garden earlier. Squirrel on the fence. Almost frosty smelling at night here.

Think I'll go out and make a bonfire in the garden after it gets dark, I love that.

Right, officially off my trolley....must go.
Bubbs.

Dylan Thomas.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 3:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
asaciel wrote:I tried cooking, laundry and cleaning up the house after a day's work...I think I don't like it. I think I can't be a housewife.

nah, a true blue singaporean would never try cooking AND laundry AND cleaning up the house all in one day, and after a day's work at that. all we're capable of is buying food from the hawker centre OR throwing used clothes in the basket OR swishing the broom a couple of times, and that's only if we get back from work early!

you give us too much credit sms. :P

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 4:39 pm

Must agree WIMH but miracles do happen, my wife baked a cake for the very first time yesterday :shock:

Having sampled my mother's famous fruit cake she decided she wanted to give it a go. As it was the wife's birthday this weekend I bought her a mixer (No chauvinist jokes please, it's what she wanted :o )

So armed with the famous recipe and me supervising she baked her first cake which came out very well!

Sky's the limit now :D

Bubbs, I know this doesn't help you with your predicament!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 4:49 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:

nah, a true blue singaporean would never try cooking AND laundry AND cleaning up the house all in one day, and after a day's work at that. all we're capable of is buying food from the hawker centre OR throwing used clothes in the basket OR swishing the broom a couple of times, and that's only if we get back from work early!

you give us too much credit sms. :P

I thought it were the Filippina and Indonesian maids doing all this instead of the Singaporeans? :?

Eric

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 5:00 pm

Bubbles wrote:Done the lunch (chicken and chips) Done the ironing. Done the chapter. Done the chat to relatives who popped in...sigh...............Done the answers to threads in the forum..........now doing this.

Should I get a life? Or is this it? ARRRGHHH, yes this IS it.

I am now going to get a drinkie....well, the sun's over the yardarm, as they say here....and maybe there, who knows?

I'm burbling now and I know it.

Beautiful, beautiful autumn afternoon here, all gold and red. Pheasant in my garden earlier. Squirrel on the fence. Almost frosty smelling at night here.

Think I'll go out and make a bonfire in the garden after it gets dark, I love that.

Right, officially off my trolley....must go.
Bubbs.

Bubbs, you just described my perfect day. Honestly. I might throw in a meeting with grown-ups in the morning and an afternoon latte, but I love digging in my heels and working hard. Love it.

Nice Sunday supper and a glass of chilly Chardonnay at the end of the day, ideal. That's why I love Sundays (no maid!) and home leave (no maid!)

Please no more descriptions of autumn. Mr. BH10Y is at our house in the States now and the foliage is peaking. Damn him!
Last edited by beenhere10years on Mon, 03 Oct 2005 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 5:18 pm

Saint wrote:Must agree WIMH but miracles do happen, my wife baked a cake for the very first time yesterday :shock:

oh but BAKING we can do, Saint. baking is creative, it's fun, and it's one-off! ha ha. it's the repetitive tedious stuff that we leave to the maids, as eric very perceptively noted. :D