Singapore Expats Forum

Singaporeexpats website

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:43 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:This was a cold turkey morning...

no forum til just now...

Pal, what happened, the site is getting more and more problems?

Eric


Oh my God, he fainted! Pal, let's put the perfusion back in place... that was close!

Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:55 am

Bet you were not feeling that well either CD... :shock:

That picture reminds me of the drip I got at the hospital couple of weeks ago, didnot exactly like it... Rather no forum then having a drip in my arm again, eeks... :o

Eric

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:31 pm

Hummm... Still I claim your case was by far worse than mine! Your sms sounded so desperate! :mrgreen:
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Pal » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:38 pm

Sorry was away ... I will investigate. Seems like php is not responding.

Restarted and runs fine now.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:42 pm

Everything seems back to normal, we even got back our taglines!

Thanks Pal!

CD, a Dutchman is never desperate... 8)

Eric

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:43 pm

Pal wrote:Sorry was away ... I will investigate. Seems like php is not responding.

Restarted and runs fine now.


Yes looks like.
And taglines are back, thanks.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 5:51 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:I would have a request that others might find also useful...

On the right hand corner of the screen are these options...

Image

Would it be possible to have the same at the bottom of the screen? I have the impression that I spend my time scrolling up and down...


May I request the same again??
The 'back to top' link under the avatars is helpful, but...
Also what would be great is a link to go to the last post when accessing a page.
Time is money!

PS. Am I the only one who feels he's spending his time scrolling up and down??
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Pal » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 6:35 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:I would have a request that others might find also useful...

On the right hand corner of the screen are these options...

Image

Would it be possible to have the same at the bottom of the screen? I have the impression that I spend my time scrolling up and down...


May I request the same again??
The 'back to top' link under the avatars is helpful, but...
Also what would be great is a link to go to the last post when accessing a page.
Time is money!

PS. Am I the only one who feels he's spending his time scrolling up and down??


Done! Please try :)

User avatar
sapphire
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun, 17 Apr 2005

Postby sapphire » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 6:36 pm

What are you whining about CD? Don't you just refresh the page? Or hit F5? Or am I being dense? What's the problem here? Maybe, I'm just tired, no one should ever go to Little India around Deepawali time, ughhhhhhhhhh!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 7:11 pm

sapphire wrote:What are you whining about CD? Don't you just refresh the page? Or hit F5? Or am I being dense? What's the problem here? Maybe, I'm just tired, no one should ever go to Little India around Deepawali time, ughhhhhhhhhh!


F5? Did you read the question?
OK, I see you're back to normal, no doubt about this!
:mrgreen:
Pal wrote:Done! Please try :)


That's great thanks!
What about a link to go to the last post when accessing a page? Is that feasible?
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
sapphire
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun, 17 Apr 2005

Postby sapphire » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 7:12 pm

You mean I'm back to my normal stupid self? Thats cool, better stupid than nice and boring! :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Pal » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 7:51 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
sapphire wrote:What are you whining about CD? Don't you just refresh the page? Or hit F5? Or am I being dense? What's the problem here? Maybe, I'm just tired, no one should ever go to Little India around Deepawali time, ughhhhhhhhhh!


F5? Did you read the question?
OK, I see you're back to normal, no doubt about this!
:mrgreen:
Pal wrote:Done! Please try :)


That's great thanks!
What about a link to go to the last post when accessing a page? Is that feasible?


You can click on the small icon (picture of a paper) in the "Last Post" column to goto the last post. The icon is beside the nick name of the last poster.

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 8:06 pm

Thanks a lot!
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:50 pm

Pal wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
sapphire wrote:What are you whining about CD? Don't you just refresh the page? Or hit F5? Or am I being dense? What's the problem here? Maybe, I'm just tired, no one should ever go to Little India around Deepawali time, ughhhhhhhhhh!


F5? Did you read the question?
OK, I see you're back to normal, no doubt about this!
:mrgreen:
Pal wrote:Done! Please try :)


That's great thanks!
What about a link to go to the last post when accessing a page? Is that feasible?


You can click on the small icon (picture of a paper) in the "Last Post" column to goto the last post. The icon is beside the nick name of the last poster.


This I have been doing from day 1 I 'was here'...

haha, hilarious, our dearest CD has been scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and................

:mrgreen:

Eric

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Sat, 22 Oct 2005 3:12 am

Eric :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests