Singapore Expats Forum

Chinese Aunties

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Chinese Aunties

Postby Bubbles » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 1:04 am

Let's hear it for this much maligned group. Where would Singapore be without them?
Bafana's last posting mentioned them (Hey, Hi Baf) and I'd almost forgotten about them.
Don't you just love 'em? They're a race apart. Have you had any telly programmes about them, surely they deserve at least that?
Anyone got any pics which they think typifies 'Aunties?'
My memories of them are in Cold Storage...them pushing to the front of the queue and ignoring the rest of the world around them like they were royalty. I love it.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:14 am

Love them Aunties, love their attitude. They are the only ones with genuine attitude in Singapore! Rest just pretend to have some.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 1:38 pm

"wah, so Auntie!" is sometimes used as a compliment here. on the other hand, "don't be so Auntie" is also used to chastise. guess there are mixed feelings about aunties!

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 4:11 pm

I've now got 15 Chinese "Aunties" as relatives (including my mother in law!) and they are a joy to watch in action especially when they start hunting in packs :)

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 5:12 pm

Hi Bubbles.

Mis ya two Babe...

My view on Chinese Aunties is that everyone in Singapore would be more happy if they all got shipped of to the Genteng Highlands (Especially the Chinese Aunties themselves lor).

Imagine a Singapore free of these over the top racist biggoted self centred world hating bad smelling psycho's... Imagine all the poor little Indo and Fillopino maids being set free to tip toe through the tullips in cranky old blather mouth free Singapore.

The mind boggles - I wonder if you can get a cheat for Grand Theft Auto so you can take out some Chinese Aunties as well lor :cool:

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 5:45 pm

Bafana wrote:Hi Bubbles.

Mis ya two Babe...

My view on Chinese Aunties is that everyone in Singapore would be more happy if they all got shipped of to the Genteng Highlands (Especially the Chinese Aunties themselves lor).

Imagine a Singapore free of these over the top racist biggoted self centred world hating bad smelling psycho's... Imagine all the poor little Indo and Fillopino maids being set free to tip toe through the tullips in cranky old blather mouth free Singapore.

The mind boggles - I wonder if you can get a cheat for Grand Theft Auto so you can take out some Chinese Aunties as well lor :cool:

Wow. Mind-boggling, Bafana. Next time don't sugar-coat it!
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

citizen deek

Postby citizen deek » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 7:32 pm

Bafana wrote:Imagine a Singapore free of these over the top racist biggoted self centred world hating bad smelling psycho's...

These aunties remind me a lot of the middle-aged, fat, cheese-smellin, frizzy-blond, Wal-Mart shoppin, bowling-lane hoggin, big ol' Chevy-drivin, Denny's waitressin, women found all over the American Midwest.

There's a reason why they call it the heartlands, Barf.

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 8:13 pm

Bafana wrote: My view on Chinese Aunties is that everyone in Singapore would be more happy if they all got shipped of to the Genteng Highlands (Especially the Chinese Aunties themselves lor).

:lol: That is hilarious. I am about to have a run-in with an aunty tomorrow (student's mother :mad: ). Will try not to picture Grand-theft auto and laugh in her face.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 9:01 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auntie you so glorious
In all you say and do
Go steaming through the market
No one as good as you
Push over peeps in taxi queue
And make your maid work hard
And don't forget those flip flop shoes
Big dresses by the yard
God save the Singa Auntie
Don't let her rest in peace
No-one in life can take their place
Their legacy's complete.

(My contribution to the Auntie Cult)

Dylan Thomas.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 9:28 pm

=D> =D>

Bubbles, think I'll send that to the mother in law, ok i'll have to get her in doors to try and translate first!