Singapore Expats Forum

Salary advice.

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

sateve

Salary advice.

Postby sateve » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 4:53 pm

I have been contacted by a prospective employer in Singapore, after my application had been approved by the Ministry of Education.
The position is a full time based in Singapore, with travel to other Asian countries.
I need to let them know what my expected salary & requirements are.

Does any one know what the base salary & package is for this type of position?
I would imagine that accommodation, etc wold be factored into the total figure.

I would appreciate any advice, to assist me in my negotiations.

Regards,

Sateve
It does not matter what car I drive, or what my house is, what does matter is, that I have had an affect on one persons life.....

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 5:02 pm

Given the details you provide about the job scope, type of industry, your qualification, etc... I would say in the range of 0 to 100,000,000 per year.

Can you be A BIT MORE specific??
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 5:43 pm

I thought the MOE just gave a salary range, and you had to negotiate within that. Why don't you ask them for a salary range for the other people in similar positions?

BTW, this is not the recruiting company based in London, is it?

sateve

Salary Advice

Postby sateve » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 7:15 pm

OK..... the course is Diploma of Hospitality Management, with Raffles Campus.... any one heard of it?

The position is as a lecturer. My Qualifications are Diploma of Teaching, and trade certificates in Hospitality I have 20 years Teaching experience in this field, in addition to industry experience.

Raffles Campus have contacted me asking me to inform them of my expected salary & requirements...... however, I need to have some indication of the "ballpark"figure. I don't want to over price, or under price myself.

"BTW, this is not the recruiting company based in London, is it?"
No, I found the position on Raffles Campus Website.

Look forward to your replies,

Thanks,

Sateve
It does not matter what car I drive, or what my house is, what does matter is, that I have had an affect on one persons life.....