Singapore Expats Forum

Contacts

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Contacts

Postby Kimi » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 1:37 am

I dropped my phone to the bloody loo today, bugger! :evil:
And so I lost all of my phone numbers I saved in my mobile including those who have given me their number out of the people here and who know my number too, so give me your number again please! By pm or e-mail of course!

Well, errr to make the thread more lively, one question... do you keep in touch with the people you met thru the forum gathering outside the forum rendezvous or better yet became quite good friends with some of them?

I reckon I have with some people here by now, most are the people I travelled to Bintan with.
And when I was in Japan, I became quite good friends with some of the forum people there, even though I do have to admit that the relationship is not as close as what I have with my school friends in Japan with whom I have shared almost everything and have gone thru heaps of things together and do reckon they have known me more than my own family by now.
Nevertheless, some of the forum people in Japan helped me to move my big stuff from Tokyo all the way to Yokohama to give away to my univ's students, before moving here, which is quite a nice gesture I would say.
Another thing I can tell to show how strong a bound in a community even online one, is when one of the forum members lost her job and was undergoing the process of suing her company. She was going to get the dole from her unemployment insurance but because of the red tape, she wouldn't get it till the next month and the problem is she didn't have enuff saving to support her for the whole month as she was already paying her lawyer etc.
So some of the forum people who could and were willing to contribute to help her, managed to gather about 150,000 yen which is about S$2,500 for her to go thru one month without the dole.
Something to ponder if you thought about online community being dodgy or such...

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 7:40 am

Hi! Have to ask for your numbers again as I lost my mobile this time *sigh*
Freeme, babykasim, sapphire, tangerika, fohls, wild rover, seraphim, KT etc. who have given me and have my number, send me by pm or e-mail pls?
Cheers in advance.