Singapore Expats Forum

Moving from Dubai to Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ennemm75

Moving from Dubai to Singapore

Postby ennemm75 » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 1:14 am

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am working as an Electrical Engineer in Dubai,United Arab Emirates since year 2000 to till date. Now I am interested to change my career from Dubai to Singapore for my kids education and etc. Here in Dubai, I had gone to singapore consulate for to check the visa details. They are giving 14 days visa for me to stay in singapore. I think the available 14 days is not enough to search the jobs in singapore. Am I right? Please comment.
Can I extend my eligible days from 14 to one month or more than that after I reached in singapore ? How many days will i get it? Can you tell me the procedures for the same?
Which month is suitable for searching jobs and visit to singapore?
I am awaiting for your reply.
Thanks

cheeky

Re: Moving from Dubai to Singapore

Postby cheeky » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 7:58 pm

Hi you may check this out..http://app.ica.gov.sg/index.asp

btw, how is Dubai looks like? hows life there? i am applying for emirates cabin crew but not really prepared to settle down in dubai for few yrs..
o am from singapore, btw.

maruma

Postby maruma » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 5:27 pm

hello my friend!

before going here i suggest that you first survey the job market for EE (in the net) in that way you will know if there are lots of opportuniy for your field...search the job websites such as Jobstreet and JobsDB for any opportunity that matches your qualification.

also try to submit your resume to SG recruitment agency so that even if you are not yet here, there will be someone looking for a job for you.

good luck on your job hunting in SG
:wink:
Hot heads and cold hearts never solved anything.