Singapore Expats Forum

Comments on Lexus IS 200

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

leo

Comments on Lexus IS 200

Postby leo » Sat, 04 Oct 2003 9:44 pm

Please comment on the above car if u own one eg, performance, maintenance.… thks !! :lol:

BB

Lexus

Postby BB » Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:10 pm

My friend drives it, I like it for its simple look although it doesn't have that WOW! factor. But I think the overall performance, quietness, comfort in the car makes it a good car 7/10. :lol:

is200 owner

Re: Comments on Lexus IS 200

Postby is200 owner » Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:10 am

leo wrote:Please comment on the above car if u own one eg, performance, maintenance.… thks !! :lol:

hi there. i'm an is200 owner but selling it soon as i'm relocating from australian to singapore. i'm regretting selling it as i really have enjoyed driving it since i bought it new 2 years ago. there's no point keeping it though or shipping it to sing - i can't afford to keep it over there.

from a driver's perspective it handles very well, breaking, cornering and rwd factors make it a very enjoyable car to drive. some say it lacks power - i would agree it doesn't have a lot of torque, and seems sluggish down low, however with variable valve timing it is quite zippy between 4-6.5krpm.

the manufacturers tyres here in australia are dunlop sp sport 9000's. these retail in oz for around $400 a corner.. they are brilliant tyres (i think they have silica in them for the wet) and really stick in all conditions. i drive my cars pretty damn hard, and i got 45,000km's before i had to get new ones (and at $400/tyre i'd hope so!)

from a comfort perspective, (i had the sports lux model) the leather/suede trim heated power seats were convenient and comfy, the stereo is great! :) and the car is very quiet (no road noise).

in hindsight, i would buy this car again two years ago knowing about it what i know now.

hth