Singapore Expats Forum

People you miss from the forum

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 4:37 pm

Miss reading quips from banana and CD too.

I only miss the trolls for the backlash they receive from SE when he's in form. :lol:
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 4:45 pm

Breaking News On The Disappearance Of Forum Members
Tuesday 9.30am UK Time...

Startling new developments in the debacle which is now being touted as the 'Missing Members Mystery' surfaced just an hour ago. Sources close to the action say that a demand for a ransom has been received. Whilst this had been anticipated by Moderators of said Forum it has come as a shocking development as the demand is not for cash.

'Leader One' (not his real name) told the news desk at 8am, 'They have left a demand for our brainpower.' He went on to say that The Forum believes that as it has an international reputation for excellence in aspirational chat that foreign 'Word Lords' have become jealous of the repartee and are now capturing it's members one by one, asking for silence and non contribution by the other gifted members as assurance of safe return of the captors.

'We will never be silenced' said The Dutch One (again, not his name) and it's part of our training as Forum members to withstand toture of this kind.

'Agreed, never say die' contributed Celtic Kookie, another regular member on this Forum, believed to be from Wales.

We hold our breath as to the outcome of this situation. Obviously with stakes high on both sides this could run and run.............
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 7:04 pm

?Bubbles?

'nuff said Image

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 7:20 pm

Bubbles wrote:'Leader One' (not his real name) told the news desk at 8am, 'They have left a demand for our brainpower.'

Given the characteristics of the denizens of this forum, this may well indeed be a very difficult ransom request to fulfill. 8)

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:35 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Bubbles wrote:Breaking News On The Disappearance Of Forum Members
Tuesday 9.30am UK Time...

Startling new developments in the debacle which is now being touted as the 'Missing Members Mystery' surfaced just an hour ago. Sources close to the action say that a demand for a ransom has been received. Whilst this had been anticipated by Moderators of said Forum it has come as a shocking development as the demand is not for cash.

'Leader One' (not his real name) told the news desk at 8am, 'They have left a demand for our brainpower.'

Given the characteristics of the denizens of this forum, this may well indeed be a very difficult ransom request to fulfill. 8)

News Update: Forum Under Siege
Tuesday 10pm Singapore Time

Unidentified sources report that after hours of heated discussions behind closed doors, the moderators of the Forum have refused to bow to the abductors' ransom request. The official stance is that the amount demanded was simply beyond the means of the remaining members of the Forum.

A few surviving members interviewed lamented the decision. "The sanity of the world is at stake here, we have to get the missing members back at all costs!" fumed the Forum's fiery matriarch, who is widely believed to be among those whose brainpower puts her on the danger list. The Rodent (not her real name) could be heard sobbing as she said, "This place is getting so lonely. These people were like family to me."

However, some other members welcomed the move. According to one member others refer to as Pretty Boy, "Good riddance I say! Now the rest of us can finally get the attention we deserve." Sadly, this member is believed to have been silenced immediately after those words were spoken.

In light of the recent spate of disappearances and threats, authorities have advised remaining members of the forum to exercise caution and avoid public appearances. This has resulted in several members making anonymous posts in recent threads.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 9:53 am

Hey! I resemble that remark! :x

'nuff said Image

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 5:55 pm

Hummm...
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 6:31 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Hummm...

He's back, he has escaper from the cult in Hougang, but . . .but . . but they have taken away his ability to cummincate . . . The swine will be brought to justice for this.

'nuff said Image

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 6:33 pm

Vaucluse wrote:

He's back, he has escaper from the cult in Hougang, but . . .but . . but they have taken away his ability to cummincate . . . The swine will be brought to justice for this.

No I cant cummincate anymoe!

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 7:04 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:

He's back, he has escaper from the cult in Hougang, but . . .but . . but they have taken away his ability to cummunicate . . . The swine will be brought to justice for this.

No I cant cummincate anymoe!

And your spelling has sunk to my level . . . .egads - the bastards!

'nuff said Image

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 8:08 pm

Don't tell me. It was a nightmare. These monsters had decided they would have french fries and banana split for dessert...

YF
Regular
Regular

Postby YF » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 6:04 am

beenhere10years wrote:I was just wondering where YF has gone...

Still here, just lurking lately. I have been pretty busy now that school has started again. I will probably be bombarding the forum in a couple of months as I begin to plan my xmas trip to Singapore.

RDL

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 6:28 am

Hey YF! You're back! How is New Haven??
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 2:41 pm

I'm tellin you its the Chinese Aunties Lor :P

BTW we are here but not always present - Nice to know we ahve been missed a bit

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 5:26 pm

I somehow miss Vodkashot now. Hope I didn't insault anybody...