Singapore Expats Forum

People you miss from the forum

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

People you miss from the forum

Postby Kimi » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:26 pm

I must admit for one definitely I miss banana and his one liner posts and taking the piss that can just make my day when I'd need a giggle in a boring day in the office particularly.
Where are you banana? I promise I won't bite your head off!

Whom do you miss from the forum and what is it you miss out of him/her?

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:54 am

Tell you what, we don't hear much from Pal, or Bafana now, do we?

Where are you guys?????????????????????

I don't miss the constant flaming, or stupid one liners some of the trolls who visited posted though, do you?
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 6:04 am

I was just wondering where YF has gone...
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 8:29 am

I liked shilo2010

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 8:36 am

Haven't heard from Jpatokal in ages....

Where's Wham?

Eric

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 9:34 am

Banana and Carpe Diem...
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 9:55 am

Banana and Carpe Diem - wonder what happened to them . . . Hmm, could there be foul things afoot?

Reuters/AP
Singapore, 25.09.05

Following reports of missing Forum-Contributors, this reporter has learned of an evil plot by one forum member to rid himself of all competition. Allegedly his nom-de-plum starts with a 'V' - libel laws prevents this reporter from divulging the full name. What can be revealed, however, is that 'V' disuises himself as a mild mannered car salesman by day, but hides the awful truth of being an M1 rep by night . . .
The disappearances started approximately one week ago with the lack of postings from a 'Banana', whose witty one-liners and crash-wars with GI Wham spiced up this forum. Surprisingly Wham has also disappeared, leaving only a short message stating he would be 'On Vacation'.

Francohone Carpe Diem, who had also sworn to disavow any contact with said GI Wham has also been missing for the same amount of time.

Nerves are taut in this forum, fear is rampant - who will be next? The self-styled godfather of the forum, SMS? Or could it be the strychinine-laced femme fatale, Sapphire? Surely not the self-styled keeper of the peace, Vaucluse, or the tie-dye matron BeenHere10Years . . .

Many fingers, however, are pointing to new-comer 'V'!!!

This story looks like it might reach a climax soon - who will be next to disappear and will they be discovered living in peaceful bliss in a two-room HDB in Hougang or are there more sinister things afoot?

Reuters/AP
Last edited by Vaucluse on Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:12 am

excellent reporter you are vaucluse :wink:

Except you seem to report future happenings? It is dated 25 october this year?

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:17 am

Ahem , this is September . . .

Reuters/AP
Singapore, 25.09.05

Following reports of missing Forum-Contributors, this reporter has learned of an evil plot by one forum member to rid himself of all competition. Allegedly his nom-de-plum starts with a 'V' - libel laws prevents this reporter from divulging the full name. What can be revealed, however, is that 'V' disuises himself as a mild mannered car salesman by day, but hides the awful truth of being an M1 rep by night . . .
The disappearances started approximately one week ago with the lack of postings from a 'Banana', whose witty one-liners and crash-wars with GI Wham spiced up this forum. Surprisingly Wham has also disappeared, leaving only a short message stating he would be 'On Vacation'.

Francohone Carpe Diem, who had also sworn to disavow any contact with said GI Wham has also been missing for the same amount of time.

Local exhibitionist Eric, is still, however, writing for all his finfers are worth - defying the potential repercussions this might have - a brave man in the midst of chaos.

Nerves are taut in this forum, fear is rampant - who will be next? The self-styled godfather of the forum, SMS? Or could it be the strychinine-laced femme fatale, Sapphire? Surely not the self-styled keeper of the peace, Vaucluse, or the tie-dye matron BeenHere10Years . . .

Many fingers, however, are pointing to new-comer 'V'!!!

This story looks like it might reach a climax soon - who will be next to disappear and will they be discovered living in peaceful bliss in a two-room HDB in Hougang or are there more sinister things afoot?

Reuters/AP

'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:40 am

cool... we're 'up to date' again!

Eric

varun
Regular
Regular

Postby varun » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:58 am

If you want them back, you're going to have to pay!!!! Aha haha ahahahahaha <evil laugh>

(Tiny voice in the background: "Helllllp")

SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO POLISHING THE CAR!!!

Oh, sorry, where were we?

- V.

Vaucluse wrote:Ahem , this is September . . .

Reuters/AP
Singapore, 25.09.05

Reuters/AP
The easiest home monitoring service worldwide - and it's free. www.homecamera.com

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:24 am

I want it on record that I miss Nigel OOi as well, even though I sure did scare the bejeezus out of me...
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:37 am

Reuters/AP
Singapore, 25.09.05 (Afternoon Edition)

Reporter Vaucluse has gone on extended leave. Undisclosed sources confirmed that the management did not take too kindly to his disparaging remarks about the First Lady of the forum, Sapphire. He was considered a maverick in the press circle. Apparently, no one misses him.

Reuters/AP
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 2:47 pm

Just 'cause you're an editor . . .

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 4:31 pm

Yes, insubordination will not be tolerated!