Singapore Expats Forum

War game!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
halhead
Regular
Regular

War game!

Postby halhead » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 6:23 pm

We have 7 samurai Japanese businessman interested to have war game - skirmish, the paintball gun - with Americans, English and/or Australians. I know it sounds like a bad joke. But hey war is over 60 years ago. It IS a time to make it as a joke and have a fun. Contact me if you are interested.
By the way, there is a field in Singapore!

halhead@mac.com

little_bold_bear

Postby little_bold_bear » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 8:00 pm

I'd love to play paintball! :D I used to be in the air force reserves... nver learned to fly a plane though, sigh. I'm American, BTW. Always up for a friendly skirmish.... Just say when! :D

little_bold_bear

Postby little_bold_bear » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 8:15 pm

I'd love to play paintball! :D I used to be in the air force reserves... nver learned to fly a plane though, sigh. I'm American, BTW. Always up for a friendly skirmish.... Just say when! :D

wardude

Postby wardude » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 4:27 pm

hey, count me in too!

i used to play wargames back home every weekend. i'm filipino by the way... hope that doesn't count against me.

in any case, we fought the japanese too back in WW2 right? hehehe (hope i'm not being too politically incorrect with my joke :P)

halhead
Regular
Regular

OK!! Let's do it!

Postby halhead » Wed, 28 Dec 2005 1:28 pm

I am so sorry that it took so long time to get back to you guys. Some of the Japanese businessmen got chickened out. Now we have two allied members plus I have one Aussie solder - that makes three. Do you know any more allied force members? We have now 5 samurais here. Send me a mail and talk about the details.

halhead@mac.com

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 9:40 pm

I've been wanting to do this even though I must admit didn't get to do it ever :(
So please do post again if something like this is organised.
Do know a Japanese bloke who would be keen to join as well I reckon.

CK35
Regular
Regular

Postby CK35 » Wed, 01 Feb 2006 2:14 pm

Hi, I wanted to try paintball for a very long time but never actually done so. First, the game requires many people to join the fun and second, I heard it is very painful if you do get hit.

Errr... does anyone knows if they have the laser gun type at the arcade where you hit your opponents via laser gun. Similiar to paintball but definitely no pain. If so.. count me in.

:D CK35

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EPL » Wed, 01 Feb 2006 8:55 pm

All I can say that it is fun fun fun but awfully painful for a first-timer like me moreover my gang opted for forest/jungle game instead of field game so you could imagine the paint and the "blue black".. our game was to go out and capture the other team's flag while protecting our own. Yup you need at least 5-6 ppls in each team then it would be fun and since it's a teambuilding game..so teamwork is the key.

I've heard this is an interesting game - have not tried though..
Predator Prey
Four predators are released into the forest to hide.
Then the rest of the crew is sent in to find them.
Once a predator is killed they are eliminated and have to leave.
But if a Predator kills a prey, the prey player becomes a new Predator.
Thus the object of the game for the Predator is to increase and proliferate, while the object for the prey is to kill all the predators.
This can get to be pretty interesting, if the Prey don't have to check with a referee to become Predators.
All a predator has to do is kill a few of the prey in the back of the pack and watch them open fire on their own teammates as they become predators.
This can be abused, so it may be better to have the new predators check in with areferee first to be readmitted.

Another interesting game is Center Flag.
One flag in the center of the playing field and two teams starting on either side trying to get the flag and take it across the field to the other team's bunker (base).

The places I ever heard of are Orchid Country Club & Spore Discovery Centre..anywhere else :roll:

halhead keep posting please... :D
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

crabathor

Postby crabathor » Sun, 05 Feb 2006 12:00 pm

CK35 wrote:Errr... does anyone knows if they have the laser gun type at the arcade where you hit your opponents via laser gun. Similiar to paintball but definitely no pain. If so.. count me in.

:D CK35

If without pain, count me in too :lol:

halhead
Regular
Regular

Be a man!

Postby halhead » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:35 am

Be A MAN! This is THE MAN'S GAME!!!! Well, I still got about 7 to 10 Japanese soldiers hanging around. Even though most of them all well-used old businessmen, their motivation is high... hopefully... and very well trained (trained to work late and drink hard). Give me your mail address so then I can let you guys know when we decide to take Singapore back.

Jun
Editor
Editor

Postby Jun » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:56 am

Aha...war game...can count me in? :D
will i hit the bull eye? :lol:
Happiness is a daily decision.

Boya
Regular
Regular

Postby Boya » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:50 pm

count me ... IN
lets get it on
isogiashide surechigau hi totachi
"yume wa kanai mashitaka?"
atashi mada mogaiteru

halhead
Regular
Regular

OK!!!!! ready to attack!

Postby halhead » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:53 am

Seems like we have almost enough members to attack evil empire. I will talk to Japanese soldiers and decide the schedule. I will let you guys know sooon!

Jun
Editor
Editor

Postby Jun » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:07 am

Cool.....keep us in the loop ya :)
Happiness is a daily decision.

wastedcoolie

Postby wastedcoolie » Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:59 am

i actually play airsoft, which is kinda like paintball, but with replica weaps...
[but airsoft is kinda illegal in sg unless you have a licence like a gun club, even though theyre toy guns]

anyhoo, a nice bridge between airsoft and paintball, is the use of RAM's/RAP's.

http://www.crossfire.com.sg/

Is singapores only game place that uses these in their games.
its a closed environment, so tactics are CQB.

singapore military actually uses these in come of their force-on-force training.

Brits might have seen these weaps used on SAS: Are you tough enough etc etc

Orchid Country Club [for normal paintball/speedball] and Spore Discovery Centre [for the above version] are the only places i'm aware of.

theres a couple of gun clubs, and an airsoft-based IPSC club around sg.
prior to this, i believe there used to be a wargame field in sg that didnt last very long...
Last edited by wastedcoolie on Sat, 29 Apr 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.