Bridal Registry in Singapore for Australians

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
boo

Bridal Registry in Singapore for Australians

Post by boo » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 1:37 pm

My fiance and I are moving to Singapore in Jan to live and work for 3 years. Our wedding is back in Aus in April 2006 and I am trying to work out what to do for a bridal registry. I was hoping to find a department store which had a bridal registry online in Singapore so that way we don't have to bring presents back with us. Does anybody know a department store which has an online bridal registry which isn't highly expensive?
Thanks
Boo

skye
Chatter
Chatter

wedding registry

Post by skye » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 3:02 pm

Just did a quick online search for the main dept stores and none seem to advertise this service. Most wedding gifts in Singapore are given as cash, so a gift service like in Australia probably has a very limited market. The main dept stores are Takashimaya, Tangs and Robinsons. There's also Harvey Norman which you will be familiar with. Most of them have websites with contact details - you could email them directly and see if it's possible to set something up. An English friend of mine organised her own wedding list at Robinsons when she was living here a couple of years ago so her family back home could order gifts without the cost of posting them here. She emailed us the gift list and we just had to call the store to order - they gift-wrapped and delivered to her home. Good luck with the wedding and your move to Singapore - it's a good place to live.

AESMom

bridal registry in Singapore

Post by AESMom » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:41 pm

this is an old question but we too were looking for an online registry when we moved to Singapore before the wedding and found out from a girlfriend back in Hong Kong that an the online registry called Double Happiness Gift Registry there has opened in Singapore too

bbbelle

wedding gift registry

Post by bbbelle » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 2:47 pm

Hi there - just opening this topic up again to see if anyone has any more current info on if a wedding gift list exists in Singapore through a department store (preferably with online ordering?)

Weighing up shipping over stuff from Uk (via John lewis gift list but hard to know what shipping costs may be!).

Many thanks!

bbbelle

wedding gift registry

Post by bbbelle » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 3:05 pm

PS
As far as I understand the current situation -
Robinsons no longer do this at all (ONLY take payments in person!)
Takashimaya - take payments by FAX only
seems very outdated for such a hi tech country as singapore (although I understand its not their wedding custom).

Does anyone know any other stores/methods for doing a wedding gift list in Singapore? Anyone used double happiness?

Politely asking for cash instead of boxed gifts would be such a headache t saver though I fear its not the western way!

x9200

Re: wedding gift registry

Post by x9200 » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 4:32 pm

bbbelle wrote:Anyone used double happiness?
I bought some champagne from them. Single purchase only. Experience positive one but statistically irrelevant :-|

Oprah

Double Happiness Bridal Registry

Post by Oprah » Wed, 07 Apr 2010 9:23 am

I am an indian living in singapore and I know that double happiness is the only bridal registry in singapore. some of my friends have used their services and are happy customers. You can just google for their website.........good selection of brands :)