Singapore Expats Forum

What was your first Rock Concert?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 4:43 pm

Fohls wrote:
Shabu-Shabu wrote:I've never been to a rock concert before.
My mom forbad me to go to such places because it was a good breeding ground for illicit sex, drugs, booze and a whole lot of other bad things.

Was that you being rebellious then?
Attachments
DerBesorger.jpg
(13.77 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 4:47 pm

Not guilty I've got black hair... :oops:

Shabu-Shabu

Postby Shabu-Shabu » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 5:07 pm

Haha, no, not me.

I've never even had a boyfriend before! :shock:
But i don't go to rock concerts anyway. I don't like crowds...and it'd probably be too hot.
Rather watch it in air conditioned comfort of the living room on the telly.
Meowing out,
- Shabu-Shabu -

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 5:09 pm

Pogo dancing, to the extreme. Went to rockabilly concerts for a while, got broozed all over. 'Normal' pogo dancing would be to just keep your hands next to your body and jump against eachother, soemtimes a bit more provoking by pushing the other wile jumping against him or her. But the rockabillies either boxed their way around very fast, or did this 'chicken tonight' move while running around and hitting eachother.

Went to the top of the Rockabilly bands in the 80's, The Cramps. Awesome, their song "can your Pussy do the Dog?" is still one of my fav's.

Would not even consider for one second to go there nowadays any longer though...

Eric

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 5:25 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Pogo dancing, to the extreme. Went to rockabilly concerts for a while, got broozed all over. 'Normal' pogo dancing would be to just keep your hands next to your body and jump against eachother, soemtimes a bit more provoking by pushing the other wile jumping against him or her. But the rockabillies either boxed their way around very fast, or did this 'chicken tonight' move while running around and hitting eachother.

Went to the top of the Rockabilly bands in the 80's, The Cramps. Awesome, their song "can your Pussy do the Dog?" is still one of my fav's.

Would not even consider for one second to go there nowadays any longer though...

Eric

The Cramps, pogo, Eric from the Netherlands you sure bring back a lot of memories brah!

As for the photo posted, if you think that was something, wait till you see what happens at a Willie Nelson concert! :shock: :D

Country is the new sleaze but that's fine by me :cool:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 5:27 pm

Shabu, all I can say is you've missed an experience in your life. There's nothing like actually being there. Nothing on TV can match the sheer exuberance and colours of a live performance, be it a rock concert or a sport. As for drugs etc., it does depend on you as a person really. Anyway, each to his/her own.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 6:28 pm

tiki wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Pogo dancing, to the extreme. Went to rockabilly concerts for a while, got broozed all over. 'Normal' pogo dancing would be to just keep your hands next to your body and jump against eachother, soemtimes a bit more provoking by pushing the other wile jumping against him or her. But the rockabillies either boxed their way around very fast, or did this 'chicken tonight' move while running around and hitting eachother.

Eric

The Cramps, pogo, Eric from the Netherlands you sure bring back a lot of memories brah!

As for the photo posted, if you think that was something, wait till you see what happens at a Willie Nelson concert! :shock: :D

Country is the new sleaze but that's fine by me :cool:

Here's mp3 music of that fantastic album of The Cramps, "A date with Elvis". The devilish woman is guitarist Poison Ivy... Wicked...

http://www.emusic.com/album/10705/10705063.html

Remember Danzig as well?

Saw them in Holland, very intimidating these massive guys.

ah, those days.... :wink:

Eric

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 7:12 pm

'...show me how the Gods kill.'

Danzig was actually slotted to play Wolverine brah.

I saw GWAR once and it was like being in medevial times!

Thks for the audio link: Poison Ivy...stuff of my adolescent dreams.