Singapore Expats Forum

What is Your Pet Peeve?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bee

Postby Bee » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 4:58 pm

Reading through the previous posts I am pissing myself laughing!!

My peeves are...

Rude peope - absolutely NO excuse for it IMO.

I also despise the people who sit on the aisle seats on the bus and leave the window seat vacant - is it so bloody hard to move over when there are 15 people standing??!! :x

People waliking at snails pace that zig-zag across the path so that no matter how hard you try to get past you cant, seems to happen everywhere here!

And my final vent...
People who stand on the toilet seats, piss all over the place and dont flush :mad: GAAWWDD I hate that! Imagine what the toilets are like in their homes - BLERK!! :o

ok, rant over :wink:

bwlt13

Postby bwlt13 » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 9:47 pm

Here goes... it's my turn now.. :)

My peeve is people who tell me NO on my face. (Note that NO here is a decline NO) This happens especially with people who are narrow minded, rigid, and unable to think out of the box.

Also people who are asking for favors but speaking in an ordering tone. Real annoying.
Last edited by bwlt13 on Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

bwlt13

Postby bwlt13 » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 9:49 pm

My peeve is people who tell me NO on my face. (Note that NO here is a decline NO) This happens especially with people who are narrow minded, rigid, and unable to think out of the box.

Also people who are asking for favors but speaking in an ordering tone. Real annoying.

bwlt13

Postby bwlt13 » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 9:57 pm

bwlt13

Postby bwlt13 » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 9:58 pm

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:15 pm

Now it's my turn.....I can't stand newbies who cannot be bothered to clean up the messes they make when they don't know what they are doing on a forum. Registered users can delete their excess posts. In your case you should delete all of them. :roll:

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 7:10 am

Harsh SMS.

I also share this one with an earlier poster: people who stop and have converstaions as soon as they disembark an escalator. For the love of Pete! get out of the way! :evil:
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:36 am

beenhere10years wrote:Harsh SMS. :evil:

How so? Is he/she just a hit & run poster? They never go back to see what there post looks like? If they did they would surely see the edit button and then the ability to delete the extra posts.

Additionally, I would rather people tell me NO "on my face" (definately a local here - my wife & kids also say the same thing) than just b1tch or sabo me behind my back.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 1:24 pm

Last night at 9.25pm I entered a fair price store here next to Mobil gasstation. 24/7, comes handy, always good to get some emergency supplies needed for the night ahead.

Went to the counter with a bottle of Chardonnay.

The woman in her best English told me she was sorry, but they could not sell me 'intoxicating' products after 9pm...

Excuse me???

No sir, cannot meh.

Why cannot???

cannot.

She silently took the bottle out of my hands wile I still stood there, stunned.

I then realised I was in Singapore, our good government takes care of us and tell me it is better not to buy wine late.

10am seems a better time according to the government.

I am starting to get a peeve here on something that might get a bit frustrating at the end of the day. My freedom to choose my own likings.

Eric

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 2:14 pm

Eric...eric....

Vinmonopol i Norge closes at 4pm....and nobody can sell wine except the government(or licensed pubs).

So I would say 9pm is better than nothing my dear :P Did I just said be considerate? what about be content? :P

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 6:12 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I would rather people tell me NO "on my face" (definately a local here - my wife & kids also say the same thing) than just b1tch or sabo me behind my back.

i've never heard "on my face" in all my life here...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 6:21 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I would rather people tell me NO "on my face" (definately a local here - my wife & kids also say the same thing) than just b1tch or sabo me behind my back.

i've never heard "on my face" in all my life here...

May well be an Indian singlish phrase and not chinese. But I've heard it time and time again throughout my wife's family, extended family and indian friend of ours. One things for sure though, it sure the devil isn't Standard English or even American English for that matter.
No matter....

sms

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 6:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
beenhere10years wrote:Harsh SMS. :evil:

How so? Is he/she just a hit & run poster? They never go back to see what there post looks like?

Yes, exactly right. I'm still finding my way around this forum and I have hundreds of posts. Yesterday, it stalled for me as well -- so who knows maybe it wouldn't load and they hit the button 4 times.

I'd rather look at someone's post four times than their dinner while the are chewing it...
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 6:33 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I would rather people tell me NO "on my face"

just had a thought... if someone were to tell me something "on my face", i would tell them they are too close for comfort, get off my face!!! (now that's a good line to use when a guy gives an unwelcome kiss.. "do you mind? you're on my face!") ha ha. sorry, the phrase just tickled me.

ps: i've never heard my indian friends use that phrase either.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 6:59 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I would rather people tell me NO "on my face"

just had a thought... if someone were to tell me something "on my face", i would tell them they are too close for comfort, get off my face!!! (now that's a good line to use when a guy gives an unwelcome kiss.. "do you mind? you're on my face!") ha ha. sorry, the phrase just tickled me.

ps: i've never heard my indian friends use that phrase either.

Now that one would have a different meaning in the thread of my corner.... :P

Eric