Singapore Expats Forum

What is Your Pet Peeve?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 9:59 pm

Reading through this topic and so many have been mentioned that I would also list as my pet peeve. Amazing how it also was sidetracked with SEX, but that was Eric's fault. It must be a male brain thing. :)

My 12 year old must be like you Bubbles, she just pushes right through on the bus or MRT, saying 'excuse me' and nobody moves, so she just pushes through while repeatedly saying 'excuse me, excuse me' and of course she gets the strange looks. But she also gets a seat or to her spot, but they don't seem to understand that you should move to the middle of the MRT or the back of the bus.

Several weeks ago while still on crutches, I had a bus driver tell me to wait for the next bus. Needless to say I gave him a piece of my mind and hopped on. The back of the bus was empty and probably half the top level.

I won't bore you with 'my list'. I need to go to bed. People lock up your manequins, you never know what Eric might do! :roll: :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:34 am

Vaucluse wrote:we have their ways, they have theirs

Vaucluse wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:WIMH:
oohhh... caught vaucluse in a slip!

I don't wear slips.
i have your ways, you have yours... :P

You have mine and I have mine???? Seriously, though - still don't see what slip you caught me in . . .

you don't see the slip? in that case your density factor just rose in my opinion :P

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:43 am

Matney wrote:Reading through this topic and so many have been mentioned that I would also list as my pet peeve. Amazing how it also was sidetracked with SEX, but that was Eric's fault. It must be a male brain thing. :)

My 12 year old must be like you Bubbles, she just pushes right through on the bus or MRT, saying 'excuse me' and nobody moves, so she just pushes through while repeatedly saying 'excuse me, excuse me' and of course she gets the strange looks. But she also gets a seat or to her spot, but they don't seem to understand that you should move to the middle of the MRT or the back of the bus.

Several weeks ago while still on crutches, I had a bus driver tell me to wait for the next bus. Needless to say I gave him a piece of my mind and hopped on. The back of the bus was empty and probably half the top level.

I won't bore you with 'my list'. I need to go to bed. People lock up your manequins, you never know what Eric might do! :roll: :wink:

:)

Better not get me on a bus matney, you never know what happens... :mrgreen:

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:46 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:

Vaucluse wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:WIMH:
oohhh... caught vaucluse in a slip!

I don't wear slips.
i have your ways, you have yours... :P

You have mine and I have mine???? Seriously, though - still don't see what slip you caught me in . . .

you don't see the slip? in that case your density factor just rose in my opinion :P

Maybe I'm related to ling-ling . . . as I still dont get it. Please explain.

'nuff said Image

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:10 am

to quote a well-known personality on this forum... sheesh! okay here we go: shouldn't it be "we have OUR ways, they have theirs"?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:23 am

:tongue: smarty pants . . . . I, umm, err, did that on purpose to see if you'd notice . . . . Umm, yea, that's right!

'nuff said Image

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 9:41 pm

Gosh you ARE slow, Vaucluse! :???: I thought you'd pick that up like you do many other things. Must have been an off day for you.
Have a good one, we won't hold this one against you...well, maybe.... :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 9:50 pm

Matney wrote:Gosh you ARE slow, Vaucluse! :???:

he is not slow, matney, he is dense (refer other thread, can't remember which). and actually dense objects travel faster than less dense ones so his mind must have been going through the texts so fast he missed the slip!

MorningGlory

Pet Peeves ? a dozen or more

Postby MorningGlory » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:04 pm

- sniff, sniff, sniff.. in the bus, in the train, in the office- sniff- why aren't they taught to BLOW their noses? It might not even be a cold, it might just be the morning sniffles, or whatever- dont sniff it back up into your nostrils- blow it out... arrgghhh

- long faces of 'service' staff and their answers when you ask why their faces are so long " i got headache", "i got stomach ache" " i so tired"... I used to stand 12-14 hours as a sales girl and still smile genuinely, regardless of head, stomach and any other ache!!

- those who stand in the front of a bus or near the entrance/exit of a train- they just wont move in even though there is loads of space back in the bus and the can see those poor people at the bus stop hoping to get into the bus to make it to work on time.. they need to be 'shamed' into moving to the back when the bus driver yells at them or an irate passenger does so

.... to be continued...

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:05 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:
Matney wrote:Gosh you ARE slow, Vaucluse! :???:

he is not slow, matney, he is dense (refer other thread, can't remember which). and actually dense objects travel faster than less dense ones so his mind must have been going through the texts so fast he missed the slip!

Eureka, that's it. Well done, WIMH

'nuff said Image

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 2:42 pm

Bubbles wrote:What is the 'docents?' Lost here.

Hey Bubbs, I did talked abt the docents on the animal rights thread :) thought you might have read abt it :)

Anyway, SMS you can have a look too... nice people in Singapore...a whole lot there... :D

www.szgdocent.org

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 2:48 pm

docents are volunteer guides aren't they? the singapore art museum has those too, i know cos a friend of mine is a trained docent. pretty neat.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 2:57 pm

She may have guided me and misses Eric then, went there a couple of weeks ago and had this free tour along the latest exhibition on Singapore art, very knowledgeable and a good guide.

great idea for a nice Sunday afternoon by the way, and some different views on Singapore.

Eric

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 3:51 pm

Yes WIMH, docents are volunteer guides, I am with the Zoo docents, mainly touches on the endangered species. Take a look at the site :)

Eric, I was going through 3 months of training and examination to be a qualified docent. Never have I gone for any voluntary works that needs interviews with a panel of judges hahahahaha... but it's all rather meaningful :D

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 4:10 pm

Chinese Aunties :shock: :???: :x :mad: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: