Singapore Expats Forum

What is Your Pet Peeve?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:05 pm

Yes BH10Y, did it on a sheet of tough A4 textured cream paper. Then in Photoshop used the gradient map to change the colour to the negative and blue.
I'd done it as a pencil drawing and did scan it in, but my advice to you is to scan in on a colour setting, not a black and white as if you do, once on Photoshop you cannot get the colour palettes to work then. If there is a way, I'd like to know.
The moon and stars are made by ....filter...render...lens flare... The waves are....filter...liquify...turbulence (variations)
I could spend my life on Photoshop and have the new version, but am not so keen on Illustrator.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:16 pm

Wow I'm impressed Bubbs. Very neat sketch and you used my fave colour blue as well. :)

I'm not sure if this is what you asked, but you can use the colour palette on a B&W scan by going to Image and changing the mode to RGB color. Hope this helps...

Oh I love Photoshop as well, but Illustrator is a must in my line of work, so can't do without it. Photoshop rules though!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Sun, 25 Sep 2005 1:32 pm

sapphire wrote:Oh I love Photoshop as well, but Illustrator is a must in my line of work, so can't do without it. Photoshop rules though!

Sapphire, here we go again...

Are you a graphic designer??
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

kermit

Postby kermit » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:20 am

rubbernecking :x

bwlt13

Postby bwlt13 » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:42 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Now it's my turn.....I can't stand newbies who cannot be bothered to clean up the messes they make when they don't know what they are doing on a forum. Registered users can delete their excess posts. In your case you should delete all of them. :roll:

Sorry guys, didn't realise there were 4 posts in a row. Apologies...

Still trying to figure out how to delete them. Have already asked for help :???:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:11 am

Pet friggin peeve number 12,835:

We decided to go down to Sentosa for a swim, bit of a suntan and nice food yesterday - the weather was fine and the tune was set for a lovely day.

The first hour was very nice, aside from the plastic bags chucked into the water by a group of mainland Chinese (neatly decked out in their bras and some sort of underwear masquerading as swimmers) - then about 30 Indian men decided to go for a swim - notwithstanding the fact that they had no swimmers either. So, it's underpants and undershirts . . .

Ok, to each their own.

We packed our things and went for a bite to eat - now here's the peeve, the other stuff was the packaging:

I HATE PARENTS THAT LET THEIR KIDS BOTHER OTHER PEOPLE!

There's this little white kid who was climbing over a table - the first occupants left and a friendly Asian couple sat down only to have this little shit-kid literally run around on the tabletop, play with the Umbrella, knock over the serviette holder and ashtray - all while the friggin slag of a mother watched from the next table and didn't move one of her pathetic fingers to get the little brat off the table.

The couple was being very patient, asking the woman to get her sprog, but the woman just ignored them.

I'm used to bad/spoiled behaviour by local kids (young ones), but this really took the cake. The arrogance of the mother-cow was only surpassed by the naughtyness of the devil's spawn.

(I can understand why some locals think Caucasians are arrogant)
Last edited by Vaucluse on Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:11 am

beenhere10years wrote:
sapphire wrote:Oh I love Photoshop as well, but Illustrator is a must in my line of work, so can't do without it. Photoshop rules though!

Sapphire, here we go again...

Are you a graphic designer??

Yes Ma'am. More a web designer since I moved to Singapore.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:16 am

Ha ha, I can imagine Indian men in their underpants and undershirts, hope you had a great time checking them out Vaucloseau! :P

Btw, there's good and bad everywhere, not just in Singapore. You see brats all over the world. Yes, it can be a pain when you've planned a relaxed family outing, but hey such is life. Personally, I would never go to Sentosa on a Sunday! Not for a relaxed time.

P.S. My pet peeve these days - Vaucluse's typos!! :evil:
Last edited by sapphire on Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:25 am

sapphire wrote:Yes Ma'am. More a web designer since I moved to Singapore.

That explains in part why we are almost always in sympatico.

Vauclusey-baby:

Type it over and take our every ethnic qualifier. No need. An obnoxious kid is an obnoxiuos kid is an obnoxious kid.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:33 am

BH10Y, you too? Been telling you, we must have been related somewhere, some time, some other world maybe.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:38 am

Typos taken out - my hand-eye co-ordination seems to be flagging.
I'll pay more attention to this in the future.

BH10Y, I agree that ill-behaved children in general and parents that don't give a toss are the problem, irrespective of the race - this just happened to be a white kid and a mother I fety like strangling.

Sapphire, you may be into Indian men in their wet undies, but I prefer the fairer sex. :)

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:41 am

No thanks, I'm not into any men in wet undies, definitely not on a beach! :-|

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:41 am

sapphire wrote:BH10Y, you too? Been telling you, we must have been related somewhere, some time, some other world maybe.

Yes dear, although can you believe -- not professionally. I do all my work as a volunteer for school. I just bought a new Mac and new Creative Suite, but am I rusty! It's coming back though. Slowly...

-- jack handy

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:44 am

Vaucluse wrote:Typos taken out - my hand-eye co-ordination seems to be flagging.
I'll pay more attention to this in the future.

BH10Y, I agree that ill-behaved children in general and parents that don't give a toss are the problem, irrespective of the race - this just happened to be a white kid and a mother I fety like strangling.

Sapphire, you may be into Indian men in their wet undies, but I prefer the fairer sex. :)

I used to never say anything but now -- if circumstances really call for it I do. Sometimes I can muster all my diplomatic fiber and say something non-confrontational and other times -- yowsah!

-- jack handy

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:44 am

Ah! CS is fun, isn't it? Yep, will come back to you gradually. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.