Singapore Expats Forum

Consulting jobs & lifestyle for Indians in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

nikk

Consulting jobs & lifestyle for Indians in Singapore

Postby nikk » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:59 pm

Hi,
I'm an engineer & MBA from a top B-school in India. I've about five years experience in consulting with Big-5 firms and outsourcing with one of UKs largest FIs. I'm looking for a change in work environment. I'm considering location options such as the Middle-East and Singapore.

What is lifestyle like for Indian expats in Singapore ? I'll be getting married in a few months, and me and my fiance are both keen travellers - Singapore would be a nice base for us to travel the east as well.

How does one go about getting in touch with top tier recruiters who handle reruitment for consulting and other top firms? I'd be keen to hear from Indian expats who've already been through this.

Regards,
nikk

Amar

singapore india comparison

Postby Amar » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 2:16 pm

if you compare your relative lifestyle in India to Singapore...my guess is you will be at a loss....to lead a lifestyle like what you must be leading in India (above avg apartment, maid, car, etc) you will have to make over S$180k which is not very easy...I mean just looking at the salaries here...a decent 2BR apartment rental is about S$3000 per month, a car is 100k and maids cost about 500 to 1000...The standard way is you contact companies and headhunters through the internet...but a better alternative would be if you can pickup an American MNC in India and build your career to bring your office to singapore...then you can get the expat package which can take care of a good lifestyle...toherwise the general standard of living here is quite good...safe and comftortable to live with your family...but as my uncle says its a fine city..a five star jail for an Indian :)