Singapore Expats Forum

Angry Forum?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

newgirl
Regular
Regular

Angry Forum?

Postby newgirl » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:20 pm

Hi all

I'd be interested in gauging everyone's thoughts on the other forum (the name will not be mentiond).

Essentially, what's the point in it? Anytime you make any sort of innocuous (sp) comment it get's edited by the angry board manager. I have tried to help people by giving them info about life here and in the uk, yet I often find my messages have been deleted/edited. Has anyone else had a similar experience or am I just being overly sensitive???

Thank god for this wee sanctuary

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:24 pm

dun worry newgirl, come here:

grouphug everyone!

:kiss: :console: :in love: :love:

peace and love sister! :D

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:29 pm

Down, boy!!! Someone get the cold water for our topless friend.

Sorry, newgirl, your post had to edited. You know what was deleted, please refrain from that language in the future.

'nuff said Image

newgirl
Regular
Regular

Postby newgirl » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:41 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Down, boy!!! Someone get the cold water for our topless friend.

Sorry, newgirl, your post had to edited. You know what was deleted, please refrain from that language in the future.

Yes Vaucluse it was v dirty

i.e take your kids to Mull (it's a wee island off of Scotland where they film a v popular kids tv programme). Oh and I supposed I committed a mortal sin by specifying the Programme Name (Balamorey - it's great)....

I also mentioned a Scottish bar where Scottish Expats can watch the SPL (the Scottish Premier League) which is v hard to find here in Singers..

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:04 pm

I'm too knackered to take the piss out of anybody :( so here is something boring and serious...
Heard from a passing by moody birdy oopsie a mod I meant, they set-up this automatic deletion here if there is nobody viewing the threads after a certain time :( Nothing lasts for eternity huh? :evil: <-- angry-looking enuff?

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 8:16 am

Hi NewGirl,

I was once on the "other side" too. I got really sick of getting slammed for asking questions. To post with your registered name you have to be pretty tough - there are a few, but it's mostly just peeved off trolls now. Oh, the board manager who seems to have no scrupals at all about using his delete button on a system of "eeny, meeny, miney..."

Welcome to this site - it's better 8)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 8:22 am

My question about something as innocuous as 'canned air' was deleted as well. No response from the admins when I emailed. Never went back to that idiotic board since then.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 9:33 am

newgirl wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Down, boy!!! Someone get the cold water for our topless friend.

Yes Vaucluse it was v dirty

i.e take your kids to Mull (it's a wee island off of Scotland where they film a v popular kids tv programme). Oh and I supposed I committed a mortal sin by specifying the Programme Name (Balamorey - it's great)....

I also mentioned a Scottish bar where Scottish Expats can watch the SPL (the Scottish Premier League) which is v hard to find here in Singers..

:delete: :delete: :delete:

(By the way, are you related to Strong Eagle?)

'nuff said Image

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:21 am

Well, perhaps they are worried about being sued? :? Look at what happened to two bloggers in Singapore?

It's no fun watching some TV sitcoms in Singapore because there's so much been censored that it lost the originality? Ok also don't have time to watch :P

Or we have too many "freaking" dictionary in too many languages that we have no idea some numbers or words are actually "sacred" or taboo to use in other languages? :roll:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:33 am

Ling2 sometimes loses me . . .

'nuff said Image

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:03 pm

Vaucluse hahahahahaha :P no worries, that comes in old age :P

I mean, perhaps the board manager has a programmed "dictionary" that will detect all taboo or censored words in ALL different languages, that would explain why some words that seem perfectly normal would be deleted?

anyway I don't know what newgirl has posted. Just giving another view :P

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:11 pm

anyway I don't know what newgirl has posted. Just giving another view

Bad things, ling2. Verrrrry bad things. Be frightened, be very frightened of newgirl . . . . :o

'nuff said Image

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 2:26 pm

I sense a BULLY in this thread...Eversince the troll era..
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Angry Forum?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 2:52 pm

newgirl wrote:Has anyone else had a similar experience or am I just being overly sensitive???

Eric, Sapphire and a few others may remember the posts I made here with screenshots of postings that I made over there that were deleted for no apparent reason. They are rather old and have probably been deleted by the mods here by now. They've been doing that for several years. It's like the mods are schizo or something. I used to post, take a screenshot and then see just how long it stayed up.

sms

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 3:41 pm

Lol, SMS, you were obsessed with the mods on that site back then. I do remember those screenies. That site is what trolls love. Its made for them!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.