Singapore Expats Forum

oktoberfest ?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

KT
Chatter
Chatter

Postby KT » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 9:42 pm

to be honest.... i have crossed the stage when i need an excuse to drink.This is just an excuse for me to get others to drink along with me..... :P

[quote="Wind In My Hair"]was wondering what oktoberfest was all about and did some research of my own. thought i'd paste some info here just in case others care to know what it's all about besides an excuse to drink beer! :D

"The historical background: the first Oktoberfest was held in the year 1810 in honor of the Bavarian Crown Prince Ludwig’s marriage to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen. The festivities began on October 12, 1810 and ended on October 17th with a horse race. In the following years, the celebrations were repeated and, later, the festival was prolonged and moved forward into September.

By moving the festivities up, it allowed for better weather conditions. Because the September nights were warmer, the visitors were able to enjoy the gardens outside the tents and the stroll over “die Wiesen”
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."

KT
Chatter
Chatter

Postby KT » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 9:45 pm

das Bier ?
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."

Wild Rover
Regular
Regular

Postby Wild Rover » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:20 pm

Any updates from anyone on proposed time or place for this??
What's worse, ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care