Singapore Expats Forum

Tennis Partner at/near NUS?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
SingaporeNewbie

Tennis Partner at/near NUS?

Postby SingaporeNewbie » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:58 pm

Hello,

I'm an American 25 year old former D-III college tennis player. I'm picking up tennis again after a bit of a break, and I'm looking for tennis partners here at/near NUS. If you're affiliated with NUS that would be great, because I'm unable to reserve court time. I would say in college my NTRP rating 3.5-4.5, although I'm out of practice. Would love to just hit, play sets, whatever. Also be willing to play around Clementi, Dover, Buona Vista. If interested please e-mail me at jetwhine 'at' hotmail.com (junk-mail being what it is you'll have to replace the 'at' with '@' and eliminate the spaces). Thanks!

local lad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby local lad » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:08 am

Hi,

you can visit www.tfntennis.com and post your interest under 'partners wanted'. I know a group that plays at NUS every Sat morning. His name is John Lau. His contact is under Committee members column.

The Dude

Re: Tennis Partner at/near NUS?

Postby The Dude » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:53 am

SingaporeNewbie wrote:Hello,

I'm an American 25 year old former D-III college tennis player. I'm picking up tennis again after a bit of a break, and I'm looking for tennis partners here at/near NUS. If you're affiliated with NUS that would be great, because I'm unable to reserve court time. I would say in college my NTRP rating 3.5-4.5, although I'm out of practice. Would love to just hit, play sets, whatever. Also be willing to play around Clementi, Dover, Buona Vista. If interested please e-mail me at jetwhine 'at' hotmail.com (junk-mail being what it is you'll have to replace the 'at' with '@' and eliminate the spaces). Thanks!

Hey man,

I live very close to NUS: Pandan Valley.
I'd be up for it.

The Dude
Although the chance of rain on that day was bigger than forecasted, the chance was still not that big that it did in fact rain, that day.