Singapore Expats Forum

SIA Local Recruitment for Singaporeans 24 Sept 2005

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jozo
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed, 28 Sep 2005

SIA

Postby jozo » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:04 am

Hi M,

How would the teeth be screened during Tea Party ? If abit crooked is it alrite ? Also, what is the tea party all about ?

For guys, what do they look out for when they check the body ? Any guys with a smaller build got in?

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: SIA

Postby M » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 2:00 am

jozo wrote:Hi M,

How would the teeth be screened during Tea Party ? If abit crooked is it alrite ? Also, what is the tea party all about ?

For guys, what do they look out for when they check the body ? Any guys with a smaller build got in?


Exact screening, I'm not sure. As for the tea party, it's meant for you to mingle with the management interviewers and probably from there, they will access your smiles etc?

Guys, I've seen smaller built guys getting in so built wise, definitely not a huge problem but how tall are you looking at and what frame? :cool:

VV
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2005

Postby VV » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:18 am

Hi M, thanks for sharing the information about the interviews. Actually, i went once for the interview and was eliminated during the 1st round as i was too nervous back then.

I sincerely hope that I be shortlisted again and not screw things again. To the rest who are also interested, be confident on that day as SIA are looking for people who are calm.

For those who may have failed once, please dun give up trying. I have heard that there are many air crews who tried countless times before succeeding.

Wish all of us best of luck.

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sat, 01 Oct 2005 11:42 am

VV wrote:Hi M, thanks for sharing the information about the interviews. Actually, i went once for the interview and was eliminated during the 1st round as i was too nervous back then.

I sincerely hope that I be shortlisted again and not screw things again. To the rest who are also interested, be confident on that day as SIA are looking for people who are calm.

For those who may have failed once, please dun give up trying. I have heard that there are many air crews who tried countless times before succeeding.

Wish all of us best of luck.


With persistence and sincerity, I'm sure ya would be able to reach the goal you set for yourself. No worries, I'm sure the invite will reach your mailbox. Best of luck VV! :cool:

M

VV
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2005

Postby VV » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 8:21 pm

Hi M,

I received the invitation, I am so happy. I thought i wasnt going to be shortlisted this round and was prepared to try again the next round. Surprisingly, I've got it. And guess what, you are the first person i like to share this news to hehe.

I read alot of your messages and they really very encouraging. I am sure that alot of FA wannabe must be grateful with your infomations and messages. Thanks.

Well, I hope to overcome my nervousity on that day. Wish me luck.

To the rest, all the best to you guys too.

Cheers.

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 10:55 pm

VV wrote:Hi M,

I received the invitation, I am so happy. I thought i wasnt going to be shortlisted this round and was prepared to try again the next round. Surprisingly, I've got it. And guess what, you are the first person i like to share this news to hehe.

I read alot of your messages and they really very encouraging. I am sure that alot of FA wannabe must be grateful with your infomations and messages. Thanks.

Well, I hope to overcome my nervousity on that day. Wish me luck.

To the rest, all the best to you guys too.

Cheers.


Reach for the moon yeah? Godspeed and glad to see ya receiving the invite! :cool:

xoxo
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat, 01 Oct 2005

Postby xoxo » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 7:26 pm

VV wrote:Hi M,

I received the invitation, I am so happy. I thought i wasnt going to be shortlisted this round and was prepared to try again the next round. Surprisingly, I've got it. And guess what, you are the first person i like to share this news to hehe.

I read alot of your messages and they really very encouraging. I am sure that alot of FA wannabe must be grateful with your infomations and messages. Thanks.

Well, I hope to overcome my nervousity on that day. Wish me luck.

To the rest, all the best to you guys too.

Cheers.


hi VV,
congrats upon receiving the invitation! btw, i was thinking, does SIA have this 'database' thing, tt automatically cancel off those who applied for more than a couple of times.
As i went for their interview way back early last yr, got boot out after the 1st round. Ever since then, i have applied but i dun get their reply at all.. even this time round :( i wonder y..

VV
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2005

Postby VV » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 8:53 am

hi xoxo,

about the database that you mentioned above, i believe they may have a record of what. but i dun think they swipe off candidates who have applied previously. take me for example, this is my 2nd time going for the interview.

i have also heard from my SIA friend that they are many crews who had also tried many times before succeeding in becoming one.

dun give up trying, i always believe that if you set your mind in doing something and peserver on, someday you will succeed.

keep a look out for other airline recuitment as well. I know SIA is one of the best, but i am pretty sure they are others which are great as well.

If there is any other recruitment, i will keep you update as well.

cheers. :wink:

xoxo
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat, 01 Oct 2005

Postby xoxo » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 1:16 pm

VV wrote:hi xoxo,

about the database that you mentioned above, i believe they may have a record of what. but i dun think they swipe off candidates who have applied previously. take me for example, this is my 2nd time going for the interview.

i have also heard from my SIA friend that they are many crews who had also tried many times before succeeding in becoming one.

dun give up trying, i always believe that if you set your mind in doing something and peserver on, someday you will succeed.

keep a look out for other airline recuitment as well. I know SIA is one of the best, but i am pretty sure they are others which are great as well.

If there is any other recruitment, i will keep you update as well.

cheers. :wink:


so i see. yeah, it's all about luck. Hope you'll get through all the rounds smoothly! way to go!

cherios,
xoxo

princessbelle
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu, 13 Oct 2005

Postby princessbelle » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 3:52 pm

i also don't have a perfect straight set of teeth but my complexion is rather good.. i really wanna be an air stewardess!! When I smile of cos it's not ugly but just that my teeth are not super straight.. I thought SIA shd be more particular about the postive attittude we have & the smile that is within us? As long as we look presentable...

VV
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2005

Postby VV » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 7:29 pm

hey princessbelle,

dun let your teeth worries you. just be who you are. though i airnt so sure about what exactly is SIA looking for in one, but i strongly believe they do pay attention to the person's inner beauty.

i airnt perfect myself either, am not really slim in appearance and my teeth are slightly yellowish in colour. it does worry me abit but it not gonna stop me to pursue this dream "i want to be a Flight Attendent too".

it may sounds like i am consoling myself, but this is what i've being telling myself "since i cant do anything much about my appearance at this time, why not do some preparation work like rehearse on the interview and finding ways to calm my nervousity that day."

whatever it is, let us do our best and be perserverance.

cheers

princessbelle
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu, 13 Oct 2005

Postby princessbelle » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:42 am

VV wrote:hey princessbelle,

dun let your teeth worries you. just be who you are. though i airnt so sure about what exactly is SIA looking for in one, but i strongly believe they do pay attention to the person's inner beauty.

i airnt perfect myself either, am not really slim in appearance and my teeth are slightly yellowish in colour. it does worry me abit but it not gonna stop me to pursue this dream "i want to be a Flight Attendent too".

it may sounds like i am consoling myself, but this is what i've being telling myself "since i cant do anything much about my appearance at this time, why not do some preparation work like rehearse on the interview and finding ways to calm my nervousity that day."

whatever it is, let us do our best and be perserverance.

cheers


thanks! did u get an invitation this time round for an interview this coming weekend? i didnt got it... *sigh* but it's ok... i wouldnt give up... will hope i will be an air stewardess one day! i hope SIA wouldnt be too particular about our appearance as long as we look presentable & friendly. Afterall its the attitude that we show and bring out... am i right?

i will do my best & so do you ya!

may we become cabin crew colleagues one day!! :wink:

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 7:21 pm

VV wrote:hey princessbelle,

dun let your teeth worries you. just be who you are. though i airnt so sure about what exactly is SIA looking for in one, but i strongly believe they do pay attention to the person's inner beauty.

i airnt perfect myself either, am not really slim in appearance and my teeth are slightly yellowish in colour. it does worry me abit but it not gonna stop me to pursue this dream "i want to be a Flight Attendent too".

it may sounds like i am consoling myself, but this is what i've being telling myself "since i cant do anything much about my appearance at this time, why not do some preparation work like rehearse on the interview and finding ways to calm my nervousity that day."

whatever it is, let us do our best and be perserverance.

cheers


VV, hope you have managed to get onto Wednesday's round. God bless!!

M :cool:

VV
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2005

Postby VV » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:28 pm

hi guys, am sorry to disappoint all but again, i failed to make it for the next round. hmm..... somehow, i still cant get over my nervousity and spoke without knowing what i am talking about.

but airnt gonna to give up. will keep trying till i can get over it and pass as a Stewardess.

Belle,

i heard that there might be a second chance given to those who airnt selected for the 1st interview. I truly hope its true and you can get your chance too.

Really hope to that we be able to succeed in fulfiling this dream.

cheers

princessbelle
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu, 13 Oct 2005

Postby princessbelle » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 3:00 pm

Hi VV! Which round u manage to went to? Management round? Anyway, I tried SIA last yr before...Straight after I graduated from poly but i was eliminated during the kebaya round...was so demoralizing...I didnt get any reply this time too...Am currently dng my degree & would grad in a few months time...i hope SIA would really send invite again to ppl who haven gotten the reply previously...I really wanna be a cabin crew... It has always been my dream...

However, if they dont i will still continue to apply & strive for it... I am 21...Shd be still consider young ba...i guess u r pretty young too...dun give up...keep trying ya? I hope we can fulfill our dream to fly for SIA one day!!! I think my friend just got accepted by emirates & she is gng to give up her studies...Oh well...wish us luck! =)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests