Singapore Expats Forum

SIA Local Recruitment for Singaporeans 24 Sept 2005

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

SIA Local Recruitment for Singaporeans 24 Sept 2005

Postby M » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:16 pm

We will soon be conducting a recruitment exercise in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to receive your application.

Requirements
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Males who are at least 1.65m in height; females who are at least 1.58m
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination, or a Diploma from a local polytechnic
Those who have completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service (Those in the process of completing NS may also apply)
The willingness and commitment to serve a compulsory service bond
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign
languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training & Bond
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months’ training and will be required to serve a service bond.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, upon completion of training, you can also look forward to salary and allowances of about S$3,500 a month, an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times. There is an attractive annual leave scheme and comprehensive training programmes.

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you fit our requirements and are interested to apply, please download this application form, fill it up and email this along with a covering letter and a recent full-length photograph of yourself by 24 September 2005 to: cabincrew_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg.

Alternatively, you may wish to post the application to the following address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)
Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A, SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre PO Box 501
Singapore 918101
Interviews will be conducted in Singapore on the weekend of 15 and 16 October 2005.

Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email.

Please do not miss this intake, so do send in your application form with your cover letter early :cool:

ying
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 17 Sep 2005

Re: SIA Local Recruitment for Singaporeans 24 Sept 2005

Postby ying » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 2:56 pm

M wrote:We will soon be conducting a recruitment exercise in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to receive your application.

Requirements
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Males who are at least 1.65m in height; females who are at least 1.58m
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination, or a Diploma from a local polytechnic
Those who have completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service (Those in the process of completing NS may also apply)
The willingness and commitment to serve a compulsory service bond
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign
languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training & Bond
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months’ training and will be required to serve a service bond.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, upon completion of training, you can also look forward to salary and allowances of about S$3,500 a month, an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times. There is an attractive annual leave scheme and comprehensive training programmes.

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you fit our requirements and are interested to apply, please download this application form, fill it up and email this along with a covering letter and a recent full-length photograph of yourself by 24 September 2005 to: cabincrew_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg.

Alternatively, you may wish to post the application to the following address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)
Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A, SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre PO Box 501
Singapore 918101
Interviews will be conducted in Singapore on the weekend of 15 and 16 October 2005.

Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email.

Please do not miss this intake, so do send in your application form with your cover letter early :cool:


hi, is this for real? where did u get this avdert from? i can't find this recruitment advert in SIA website at all... all i see is the advert for malaysians crew, not for local crew...
thanks.

mabel
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 17 Sep 2005

Re: SIA Local Recruitment for Singaporeans 24 Sept 2005

Postby mabel » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 3:31 pm

ying wrote:
M wrote:We will soon be conducting a recruitment exercise in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to receive your application.

Requirements
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Males who are at least 1.65m in height; females who are at least 1.58m
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination, or a Diploma from a local polytechnic
Those who have completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service (Those in the process of completing NS may also apply)
The willingness and commitment to serve a compulsory service bond
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign
languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training & Bond
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months’ training and will be required to serve a service bond.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, upon completion of training, you can also look forward to salary and allowances of about S$3,500 a month, an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times. There is an attractive annual leave scheme and comprehensive training programmes.

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you fit our requirements and are interested to apply, please download this application form, fill it up and email this along with a covering letter and a recent full-length photograph of yourself by 24 September 2005 to: cabincrew_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg.

Alternatively, you may wish to post the application to the following address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)
Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A, SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre PO Box 501
Singapore 918101
Interviews will be conducted in Singapore on the weekend of 15 and 16 October 2005.

Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email.

Please do not miss this intake, so do send in your application form with your cover letter early :cool:


hi, is this for real? where did u get this avdert from? i can't find this recruitment advert in SIA website at all... all i see is the advert for malaysians crew, not for local crew...
thanks.


hey, same same here. i can't find any recruitment for local crew in the SIA website, only the old recruitment for malaysia that ended on the 2nd july.. it is really true that SIA is recruiting local crew?

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 5:58 pm

Girls, the link is down thus being reverted back to the old link I reckon. Anyway SQ has already advertised in today's Recruit segment.

Please prepare your cover letter and photo yeah? Any questions, feel free to ask, probably I can help though I'm not a cabin crew. :cool:

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 2:47 am

To all,

I've uploaded the document to a web based host. Probable reason why some are not able to download is because of your pop-up blocker. Try downloading from the link below. Hope it helps.

http://www.autohotkey.net/file/users/Me ... ppForm.doc

M :cool: :cool:

k1yang
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 14 Sep 2005

Postby k1yang » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 7:43 pm

may i know how long is the service bond?

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 1:29 am

k1yang wrote:may i know how long is the service bond?



22 months, inclusive of your 4 months training. :cool:
Last edited by M on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2005

To apply or not to apply...

Postby Hopeful guy » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 8:52 am

M wrote:Girls, the link is down thus being reverted back to the old link I reckon. Anyway SQ has already advertised in today's Recruit segment.

Please prepare your cover letter and photo yeah? Any questions, feel free to ask, probably I can help though I'm not a cabin crew. :cool:


Hi,

I would like to try but I only have 1 A and 2 Os in my A level but have work experience. Didn't know now SIA need an A Level cert inorder to be a CC. Should I try? Will it be acceptable if I apply?

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: To apply or not to apply...

Postby M » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:55 pm

Hopeful guy wrote:
M wrote:Girls, the link is down thus being reverted back to the old link I reckon. Anyway SQ has already advertised in today's Recruit segment.

Please prepare your cover letter and photo yeah? Any questions, feel free to ask, probably I can help though I'm not a cabin crew. :cool:


Hi,

I would like to try but I only have 1 A and 2 Os in my A level but have work experience. Didn't know now SIA need an A Level cert inorder to be a CC. Should I try? Will it be acceptable if I apply?


Hi, I believe those are the minimum requirements but just gotta add this, it wouldn't hurt if you were to apply isn't it? If those are really the minimum requirements, no harm done since you tried but if your work experience is relevant, they might just aid you in your application? So just submit your application and hope for the best? :cool:

meme662002
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 21 Sep 2005
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Re: To apply or not to apply...

Postby meme662002 » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 3:22 pm

Hopeful guy wrote:
M wrote:Girls, the link is down thus being reverted back to the old link I reckon. Anyway SQ has already advertised in today's Recruit segment.

Please prepare your cover letter and photo yeah? Any questions, feel free to ask, probably I can help though I'm not a cabin crew. :cool:


Hi,

I would like to try but I only have 1 A and 2 Os in my A level but have work experience. Didn't know now SIA need an A Level cert inorder to be a CC. Should I try? Will it be acceptable if I apply?


hi you mean you only have one credit in A and two credits in O? correct me if i'm wrong.....

Cos' I face the same situation as you, I have two credits in O but did not take up A, straight away I took a degree course and now i have a degree and compliment with O level...... is it still acceptable?

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: To apply or not to apply...

Postby M » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 8:46 pm

meme662002 wrote:
Hopeful guy wrote:
M wrote:Girls, the link is down thus being reverted back to the old link I reckon. Anyway SQ has already advertised in today's Recruit segment.

Please prepare your cover letter and photo yeah? Any questions, feel free to ask, probably I can help though I'm not a cabin crew. :cool:


Hi,

I would like to try but I only have 1 A and 2 Os in my A level but have work experience. Didn't know now SIA need an A Level cert inorder to be a CC. Should I try? Will it be acceptable if I apply?


hi you mean you only have one credit in A and two credits in O? correct me if i'm wrong.....

because' I face the same situation as you, I have two credits in O but did not take up A, straight away I took a degree course and now i have a degree and compliment with O level...... is it still acceptable?


You're deemed to be a grad then? :cool:

lein
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun, 25 Sep 2005

SIA interview

Postby lein » Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:06 pm

hi...ive some queries about the SIA interview :
1 : the interview is carried out over 2 days right? so its sat and sun?
2 : will they make u swim on the 2nd day of interview? is it a deep pool? ive phobia of deep waters...hope training can help overcome BUT definitely not so soon like on the interview day itself!! ? Confused will they put u a deeper than 1.8m pool or something like that?
3 : what kind of medical checkup? check skin check teeth? check blood?

thanks! Smile

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: SIA interview

Postby M » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 4:31 am

lein wrote:hi...ive some queries about the SIA interview :
1 : the interview is carried out over 2 days right? so its sat and sun?
2 : will they make u swim on the 2nd day of interview? is it a deep pool? ive phobia of deep waters...hope training can help overcome BUT definitely not so soon like on the interview day itself!! ? Confused will they put u a deeper than 1.8m pool or something like that?
3 : what kind of medical checkup? check skin check teeth? check blood?

thanks! Smile


The 2 seperate days are meant to be for the ladies and gentlemen on a different day. The ladies will be having their interviews on the Sat while the gentlemen on the Sun. The day itself consist of a group interview and 1-1 interview if you passed the former one.

The 2nd interview will be held the week after and it consist of water confidence and psychomatrix test. You're supposed to jump off from a mock aircraft at the "wet" either with a lifejacket or not. You're supposed to float or swim towards the other side of the pool. I reckon it's around 3m from where you're gonna jump. As for the psychomatrix test, it's a computerised test, thus nothing much to think about. I believe they will be checking your body on the 2nd day if I'm not wrong.

Last but not least, the management interview and tea party fall on the 3rd day. Basically this is the plot for your interview. For the medical, it's more on over-being. Teeth will be "screened" during tea party and skin during second day. Hope these informations helped.

M :cool:

lein
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun, 25 Sep 2005

Re: SIA interview

Postby lein » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:46 am

M wrote:
lein wrote:hi...ive some queries about the SIA interview :
1 : the interview is carried out over 2 days right? so its sat and sun?
2 : will they make u swim on the 2nd day of interview? is it a deep pool? ive phobia of deep waters...hope training can help overcome BUT definitely not so soon like on the interview day itself!! ? Confused will they put u a deeper than 1.8m pool or something like that?
3 : what kind of medical checkup? check skin check teeth? check blood?

thanks! Smile


The 2 seperate days are meant to be for the ladies and gentlemen on a different day. The ladies will be having their interviews on the Sat while the gentlemen on the Sun. The day itself consist of a group interview and 1-1 interview if you passed the former one.

The 2nd interview will be held the week after and it consist of water confidence and psychomatrix test. You're supposed to jump off from a mock aircraft at the "wet" either with a lifejacket or not. You're supposed to float or swim towards the other side of the pool. I reckon it's around 3m from where you're gonna jump. As for the psychomatrix test, it's a computerised test, thus nothing much to think about. I believe they will be checking your body on the 2nd day if I'm not wrong.

Last but not least, the management interview and tea party fall on the 3rd day. Basically this is the plot for your interview. For the medical, it's more on over-being. Teeth will be "screened" during tea party and skin during second day. Hope these informations helped.

M :cool:


thanks M! :) those info were great help! but another question, is the lifejacket something that they will definitely give all of us? im seriously a little claustrophobic...a little scared of dark waters and all but hope i can overcome it on that day itself. so the life jacket will really be a great help!...ok but that comes if i pass my day 1 ;)

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: SIA interview

Postby M » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:58 pm

lein wrote:
M wrote:
lein wrote:hi...ive some queries about the SIA interview :
1 : the interview is carried out over 2 days right? so its sat and sun?
2 : will they make u swim on the 2nd day of interview? is it a deep pool? ive phobia of deep waters...hope training can help overcome BUT definitely not so soon like on the interview day itself!! ? Confused will they put u a deeper than 1.8m pool or something like that?
3 : what kind of medical checkup? check skin check teeth? check blood?

thanks! Smile


The 2 seperate days are meant to be for the ladies and gentlemen on a different day. The ladies will be having their interviews on the Sat while the gentlemen on the Sun. The day itself consist of a group interview and 1-1 interview if you passed the former one.

The 2nd interview will be held the week after and it consist of water confidence and psychomatrix test. You're supposed to jump off from a mock aircraft at the "wet" either with a lifejacket or not. You're supposed to float or swim towards the other side of the pool. I reckon it's around 3m from where you're gonna jump. As for the psychomatrix test, it's a computerised test, thus nothing much to think about. I believe they will be checking your body on the 2nd day if I'm not wrong.

Last but not least, the management interview and tea party fall on the 3rd day. Basically this is the plot for your interview. For the medical, it's more on over-being. Teeth will be "screened" during tea party and skin during second day. Hope these informations helped.

M :cool:


thanks M! :) those info were great help! but another question, is the lifejacket something that they will definitely give all of us? im seriously a little claustrophobic...a little scared of dark waters and all but hope i can overcome it on that day itself. so the life jacket will really be a great help!...ok but that comes if i pass my day 1 ;)


Hi girl,

You will have access to the life jacket. I reckon it's the jump which you might wanna be thinking about but it's all cool and fun. Just treat it like a dip after a day's waiting. :cool:

M


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: swipeup and 2 guests