Singapore Expats Forum

Would you buy childrens' clothes online?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 7

prodigy

Postby prodigy » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:45 pm

Would you buy childrens' clothes online? If yes, on what basis and if no, is is because of the price, uncertainty of cut and material or any other reasons?

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:52 pm

Hi prodigy,

funny, my wife and myself had this business in mind as well 2 years back. Some research showed mothers in most cases will want to take the kid to the shop itself and look around there. Quality as said is an uncertainty as well, unless you sell well known brands like Benetton or alike. And your targetaudience, young mothers, are not very keen on buying online here in Singapore it showed.

Eric

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:53 pm

Reason being .. I had a bad experience with PAYPAL.. u know one of them companies that manages the payment and stuff..

I once received an email telling me that my account has been deducted about 154 US dollars for which a transaction has succefully gone through to the Philippnes. Like I actually transferred some money over. But hey I don't have an account with them and I was worried they will just bill me on my credit card cause I have made purchases before using this card. I contacted the customer services and they said that they do not entertain non registered customers.. I was fed-up and i told them off.. like how can they charge me and stuff and I am only calling cause I was seeing a loop hole in their operations which should be straightened out and here they are shutting me out like I wanted money from them. Not wanting to know what problems they are facing and who are these people sending spam mails using their identity and all.. so you see it sucks to have to deal with these situations when revealing your credit card details online.. so i guess i won't buy online anymore. :-|

Anyway there are lots of children clothes everywhere..no need for online purchases.
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:58 pm

No - They wouldn't fit me :)
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 2:48 pm

lol...and all this while I thought it will fit you perfectly Baron! :P
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 3:07 pm

I buy at lease 75 % of our clothes on line. Singapore has very little that fits properly and no real equivalent to what the kids want to wear: abercrombie, american eagle, pacsun, old navy & gap. We all pick up the off bits here and there, but most of it comes from the States. Clothing in Singapore tends to be over the top expensive or cheap. Not a lot in between.

Since we live in a rural area in the US, I shop online a lot and also hit the outlets and malls as much as I can stand. Which really is not too much. I buy everything they will need for the whole year on summer homeleave. Same for me. If I ever get caught I mail order from Lands End or LL Bean and have it shipped here. It's one of the frustrations of living here, no doubt.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 3:19 pm

Alfalfa wrote:lol...and all this while I thought it will fit you perfectly Baron! :P

They'd probably fit banana better!

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 5:52 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Alfalfa wrote:lol...and all this while I thought it will fit you perfectly Baron! :P

Keep it clean, SMS . . . :D

They'd probably fit banana better!

'nuff said Image

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 5:20 pm

No Catholic priests here please.
some signatures are more equal than others