Singapore Expats Forum

Does man make a better boss than woman?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 7:17 pm

You worry too much ;) Before he came to work for you I'm sure he wasn't slugging along the streets of the CBD playing guitar and asking for change...

We just have to - society demands it. Any other way will be bad for attracting girls WAHAHA

Total devastation within brings about tears, coupled with metalworks during the day and guinness/carlsberg special brew at night. Yes, we do cry - bad :cry:
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 8:36 pm

Ling2 wrote:Oh well, I do wonder if men do put up a false front to look tough as well?

Do you guys ever cry?

How do you think country music came about? tears in my beers, etc., etc.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 9:48 pm

crying for men? Worth a new topic I'd say!

I will answer there.

Eric

silvermountain

Postby silvermountain » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:02 pm

Women have always been better bosses than men. In matriachal societies women were left to do all the chores which were suppose to be a man's responsibility. In my view, to be a good boss one has to be able to put themselves in your employees' shoes, women are much better at doing this than men and I think they are naturally very sympathetic people.

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 1:39 pm

I'll just say I'll follow whoever who can lead... I don't care what gender.. Lead me well and let me see results and i will follow you and do my best in return... :wink:

I love being a facist... Results come first.. no results, off you go... So Ling 2, i think what you did is perfectly ok... :wink:

Why don't you check on him periodically to see if he is doing well after leaving?! :-|
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 3:35 pm

samantha wrote:Why don't you check on him periodically to see if he is doing well after leaving?! :-|

Aiyoh! She was his boss not his mother! :wink:

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 9:44 am

silvermountain wrote:Women have always been better bosses than men. In matriachal societies women were left to do all the chores which were suppose to be a man's responsibility. In my view, to be a good boss one has to be able to put themselves in your employees' shoes, women are much better at doing this than men and I think they are naturally very sympathetic people.

I am split on this one, I have to say. I have worked for some women who were just soooooo understanding of my family obligations (and also had a male boss - not married or a father either who was the same), but the vast majority of women I have worked with/for feel like they have something to prove (they have made it in a "man's world") and are really nasty. I don't think I deserve special treatment for having kids but things come up (kids get sick mid-shift sometimes). Women generally do NOT like bending the rules like that (in my experience).

Here's a thought: maybe some people are sympathetic and decent bosses, while others are Nazi's and gender may not be an indicator of either :)

PS: Ling2 I do not think you made a nasty move.

maddie_68

Postby maddie_68 » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 1:04 pm

Even though the ex-employee is older and had a family, and you think that it's justified to fire him, then i don't see what the problem is.

In my workplace, i had a colleague who is older and does menial work for more than 20 years. Every time she had a bad report, she goes straight up to the boss, and cries in front of him to get assurances that she's not going to be fired. Whilst everyone else is working like a madwoman, she's getting scott free with doing practically nothing. This has been going on for years; and sadly my boss is not doing anything about it.

What a joke!
Live life to the fullest...

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Postby renter » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 1:55 pm

there are exceptions.

but generally in a majority basis, men are better bosses than women. :cool:

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 9:36 pm

Here's a thought: maybe some people are sympathetic and decent bosses, while others are Nazi's and gender may not be an indicator of either

Just a point to note: Nazism is extreme facism (in fact, quite radical) with racism incoperated into it... Is that one are u trying to imply?! :wink:

Btw: i think moderate facism is alright.. and i'm against extremes... Can you imagine working 6 to 9??? :shock:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 3:46 pm

Women are better bosses then men as long as they like you...

If they get a set on you then professionalism goes out the window along with your balls lah... :shock:

BTW I like my She Bosses in tight short short leather mini's and half buttoned white business shirts + black bra, in high heels and black stocking lah. I will dop anything they ask leh :P

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 3:49 pm

Bafana,

I think it is time for you to get into a different business for your likings? :mrgreen:

Eric

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 4:03 pm

I believe it is impossible to generalize on this topic. Might as well pose the question: are men or woman better people?

Being a good boss depends less on indoor plumbing and more on your E.Q. :wink:
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy