Singapore Expats Forum

What would you save?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:20 pm

B&O is only sold at B&O shops - why sell it with all the garbage in low-rent areas?

Oh, a phone call, let me turn down the TV, which is connected to my stereo, on my telephone . . .

Yes, Eric - reviews have been read, comparisons instigated and choices made - B&O was and is mine, and that of many others for their own reasons - it is not for you to presume why people make their choices.

Don't have a B&O? Tough. Have something else? Good for you, I'm sure it suits your taste.

See? You have your choice, others have theirs.

Let's see, shall I tell you what car I have or will you tell me it's like having a B&O.

Oh, this is a dead horse, isn't it? Flog, flog, flog

'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:24 pm

Speel de bal, niet de man...

cheap try vaucluse, you disappoint me here.

Be happy with B&O, I am all cool with that. Swatch also only sells at swatch shops, top brand isn't it?

Eric

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 7:05 am

Eric :boxing: Vaucluse

Neither one can hear :-({|= because of bickering, which is :oops:

BH10Y says :-$ , you'll make me :cry:

Listen to the music instead of ](*,)

It doesn't matter what you listen to it on, just that you listen. :wink:
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 8:31 am

Basically, these men are missing the trolls to fight with! Tsk...tsk play it nice you two. :wave:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 9:21 am

No :boxing: I have a B&O stereo, I don;t need anyone to come up and say:

You have B&O? - well, that's for posers and only for looks: XYZ and ABC are better . . . .

Sigh, couldn't give a monkey's what's better or worse.

Eric, there was nor ball to play and I didn't play the man. There was not even a game.

'nuff said Image

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 9:29 am

sapphire wrote:Alfa, you need to get out of this mode of 'asking the next poster a question', that's a different thread sweetie. :P

Haha..guess I am so into your thread right.. it comes naturally to ask questions now. Fancy you picking on me :mad: ...lol
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 9:29 am

vaucluse, chill out. You are now misinterpreting and manipulating the discussion.

I only replied B&O is not about quality but all about design. That obviously triggered you. So be it.

Enjoy your stereo, whatever brand it is, as bh10y said.

If you get defensive about me saying it is not the top of the bill, I wonder why that is. Again, it is not so much discussing your stereo, but merely the quality as such of B&O. I was actually more aiming for a discussion on good quality stereos, but you straight away got into defensive mode.

Eric
Last edited by dot dot dot on Fri, 16 Sep 2005 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 9:31 am

:quarrel: but hey :shit: all the time
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 5:49 pm

BH10Y, here's the pup which barked for me the first time ever, as a mother of 7 adorable little ones!
Her expression is like - Can you get out of my face?? :lol:
Attachments
pups.jpg
(47.66 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 5:57 pm

I know how she feels. :)
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 6:00 pm

Lol, well all I can say is that she wasn't my dog, nor were the pups mine. But, it was gutwrenching each time my friends gave away a pup. They were such adorable little munchkins! And, you never want them to grow up!

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 6:56 pm

When we adopted our big guy, we lived in the US for a brief period years ago. It was a beautiful winter day in the middle of February. High, bright blue sky. Bracingly, frigidly, hurts to breathe, cold. Everywhere you could look, nothing but snow and sky. Gorgeous. He was born in a dairy barn with other labs and 200 head of dairy cows. It was so warm and snug inside the barn, outside it was -5 F.

He chose us, more or less. Just a big boned blond with impossibly huge paws. We stayed and played with the other puppies and spoke to the farmer/breeder for a while. When at last it was time to leave, his mother was sitting in our car and wouldn't leave. Honest to god, there she was in one of the big bucket seats. It was all we could do to coax her out of the car. It was heartbreaking really. She sat in the middle of the road and watched our car drive off down the dirt road for miles. He is actually named after her.

Next summer I plan to go back to the same farm and get another one. I just don't want to wake up one day and find no, ...

well, you know.

-- jack handy

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 8:18 pm

I guess I should expect the unexpected, Eric? :wink:

'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:14 pm

After reading another little poetic posting of bh10y, I am in my sensitive mode again...

So, vaucluse, no worries, my heart aches when having to think we're no buddies here. HUG ME!!! :D

Eric

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:27 pm

beenhere10years wrote:I know how she feels. :)

Aiyoh BH10Y! You are/were nursing 7 wee ones at the same time? :o :P

sms