Singapore Expats Forum

What would you save?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 5:46 pm

I know I'm always on your case, but this guy is a Labrador Retriever, hence the short waterproof coat and mouth made for carrying water fowl. He is very smart and why the world's best dog came to live with me I'll never know.

I will get a pick of the little guy after dinner. Meatloaf night ya know...
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 5:55 pm

beenhere10years wrote:I know I'm always on your case, but this guy is a Labrador Retriever, hence the short waterproof coat and mouth made for carrying water fowl. He is very smart and why the world's best dog came to live with me I'll never know.

I will get a pick of the little guy after dinner. Meatloaf night ya know...

Wow, my mum will slap me, that I made this mistake, of course the short coated one is the Labrador.... :oops:

Parents had one a few years back as well, he always put his head on my lap, whenever I visited them. Just sat there and put his head on it. Big eyes looking at me.

I am anxious to see the little guy!

Eric

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 5:55 pm

Labbies are the best, I remember my friend got this pup home, I was the first to make her bark! Never forgot that moment, was sooooooo cute! Looks the same as yours BH10Y. Btw, is the little guy by any chance a Jack Russel?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 6:17 pm

Here's the wee lad. A westie. Love him to bits for his courage and devotion!
Attachments
IMG_3092.jpg
(78.65 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 8:18 pm

I would save: photos, wedding/engagment rings (if not on my finger) and my kids memoir books (a type of diary I started for them when they were born. I write in there every so often to tell them what they are like at this particular point in their lives).

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 8:22 pm

Ya, I can understand that. I have my kid journals -- 5 or 6 of them now in a safe deposit box at a bank. I actaully did lose a lot in a fire once. Makes you really take a physical as well as moral inventory. It was devastating.

-- jack handy

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 8:40 pm

beenhere10years wrote:Ya, I can understand that. I have my kid journals -- 5 or 6 of them now in a safe deposit box at a bank. I actaully did lose a lot in a fire once. Makes you really take a physical as well as moral inventory. It was devastating.

Boy do I know how you feel. I lost about 90% of all memorabilia during the flood on my farm by Hurricane Isabelle 2 years ago. Have photos now of primarily of the last two decades over here only. Am slowly committing them to CD's & online albums but scanning is a long slow process as I only have a 3200 dpi flatbed scanner (two strips at a time).

I'd probably just grab a special binder from the filing cabinet created just for that sort of thing. And just hope the safe is as fireproof as they said it was.

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 8:41 pm

Bh10y, do you really have to carry ya big & small dog? I think they would be out of the fire when they know ya are safe not? I think animal has a natural instinct to survive :) you could save your space to carry other things hehehehehe

I guess I would save my paintings :) 3 is not enough, can I put them all into a BIG carrier and consider them ONE? hahahahaha :lol:

Another would be my private journal and a BAG of books :lol:

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 8:46 pm

Oh.. I forgot to say..you have really adorable dogs there..Bh10y!! And a golden retriever is actually the most gentle dog that would even take care of baby like their own...am sure a labrador is similar :)

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 1:28 am

Apart from the kids, hubby and the cat?????........erm.....the pc, and my purse cos it's got the debit and credit cards in and we'd need them to stay somewhere else.....and a spare pair of knickers....(Well, gran always said not to leave home without them!!)
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 6:20 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
beenhere10years wrote:Ya, I can understand that. I have my kid journals -- 5 or 6 of them now in a safe deposit box at a bank. I actaully did lose a lot in a fire once. Makes you really take a physical as well as moral inventory. It was devastating.

Boy do I know how you feel. I lost about 90% of all memorabilia during the flood on my farm by Hurricane Isabelle 2 years ago. Have photos now of primarily of the last two decades over here only. Am slowly committing them to CD's & online albums but scanning is a long slow process as I only have a 3200 dpi flatbed scanner (two strips at a time).

I'd probably just grab a special binder from the filing cabinet created just for that sort of thing. And just hope the safe is as fireproof as they said it was.

We were living in the US at the time, for just a few months and all the negatives to all the photographs were in a different location. I had them all reprinted and put back in albums. :wink:

-- jack handy

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 6:23 am

Ling2 wrote:Bh10y, do you really have to carry ya big & small dog? I think they would be out of the fire when they know ya are safe not? I think animal has a natural instinct to survive :) you could save your space to carry other things hehehehehe

I guess I would save my paintings :) 3 is not enough, can I put them all into a BIG carrier and consider them ONE? hahahahaha :lol:

Another would be my private journal and a BAG of books :lol:

Stop trying to fudge the facts! You sound like an attorney! :D

-- jack handy

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:33 am

BH10Y is getting catty, methinks . . .

(although bulldogs are in my favourite top 2)

Three things:

My B&O Stereo
Photoalbums
The little bottle of Pierre Cardin After Shave my mother gave me before she died 15 years ago, and it is still half full

'nuff said Image

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:36 am

Vaucluse wrote:BH10Y is getting catty, methinks . . .

(although bulldogs are in my favourite top 2)

Three things:

My B&O Stereo
Photoalbums
The little bottle of Pierre Cardin After Shave my mother gave me before she died 15 years ago, and it is still half full

It's cute that you say 'half full'. There's hope for you yet Vaucluse. I think we must have the same stereo, it is magnificent.

-- jack handy

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:48 am

Never thought of this before.. guess I should now.. I'll grab...

1) A box of important documents i kept through the years
2) CDs of photos as well
3) Children's journal..their paintings and other stuff reminding me of all their cute antics.

What else wil be good to grab??
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.