Singapore Expats Forum

Mp3 players

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
nicoleta

Mp3 players

Postby nicoleta » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 6:48 pm

Hi, im currently planning to buy a MP3 player, but with so mani brands, i dunno which is good... I was tinking of Creative Neeon, but, @ the same time, i am thinkin Ipod might be good as well, ani reviews on Ipods or Creative's MP3 player? pls advice!

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Postby Bremen » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 3:10 pm

plenty of reviews if you know how to use google.

Personally I recommend iRiver for it's excellent sound quality and feature set.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Mp3 players

Postby ksl » Sun, 25 Sep 2005 3:03 am

nicoleta wrote:Hi, im currently planning to buy a MP3 player, but with so mani brands, i don't know which is good... I was tinking of Creative Neeon, but, @ the same time, i am thinkin Ipod might be good as well, ani reviews on Ipods or Creative's MP3 player? pls advice!


I use Iriver myself, but Samsungs j70 which also plays mpeg4 vids, looks really cool, also leading the tech market! I guess others will follow with mpeg 4, ok its a multimedia player, but hey! its small and better equipped than all others

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Re: Mp3 players

Postby Bremen » Sun, 25 Sep 2005 4:23 pm

ksl wrote:
nicoleta wrote:Hi, im currently planning to buy a MP3 player, but with so mani brands, i don't know which is good... I was tinking of Creative Neeon, but, @ the same time, i am thinkin Ipod might be good as well, ani reviews on Ipods or Creative's MP3 player? pls advice!


I use Iriver myself, but Samsungs j70 which also plays mpeg4 vids, looks really cool, also leading the tech market! I guess others will follow with mpeg 4, ok its a multimedia player, but hey! its small and better equipped than all others


some of the color-screen iRiver players can also play video. Archos has been doing that for years. :)
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Mp3 players

Postby ksl » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 1:50 am

Bremen wrote:
ksl wrote:
nicoleta wrote:Hi, im currently planning to buy a MP3 player, but with so mani brands, i don't know which is good... I was tinking of Creative Neeon, but, @ the same time, i am thinkin Ipod might be good as well, ani reviews on Ipods or Creative's MP3 player? pls advice!


I use Iriver myself, but Samsungs j70 which also plays mpeg4 vids, looks really cool, also leading the tech market! I guess others will follow with mpeg 4, ok its a multimedia player, but hey! its small and better equipped than all others


some of the color-screen iRiver players can also play video. Archos has been doing that for years. :)


Yes I believe so, I like Iriver products, pretty cool, But don't you have a problem with the volume control being limited. I notice mine is turned up on max all the time, and i still have a problem to hear the sound when its noisy around me. Smasung have stated the will lead the field in MP3 technology by next year, I believe they could do it.

Iriver is a little expensive, i paid 200$ for a 256 old model without camera, 256 memory i thought would be enough for me. But now I will look for 1GB

User avatar
varun
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Mp3 players

Postby varun » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:58 am

I use an Archos Gmini 400 for the following reasons:

1. compact flash slot lets me transfer pictures from my camera's memory card directly onto the player's hard disk (acting as a backup)
2. plays videos - an episode of Yes Minister, even on a 2-inch screen, can be most therapeutic...
3. FM on remote

That said, if I were to buy a new MP3 player, it would be an iPod without question. The premium is worth it given the large number of iPod-specific accessories that become available to you. Also, no question that you're buying a quality product and very little chance for post-purchase regret. ;-)

Best,

- V.


nicoleta wrote:Hi, im currently planning to buy a MP3 player, but with so mani brands, i don't know which is good... I was tinking of Creative Neeon, but, @ the same time, i am thinkin Ipod might be good as well, ani reviews on Ipods or Creative's MP3 player? pls advice!
The easiest home monitoring service worldwide - and it's free. www.homecamera.com

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Re: Mp3 players

Postby Bremen » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:02 am

varun wrote:Also, no question that you're buying a quality product and very little chance for post-purchase regret. ;-)


Erm. iPods are horrible quality, and Apple's support is godawful. Look at the mess they made with the rechargeable batteries in the iPod. It took massive public pressure before they finally agreed to replace the batteries that dies after a year or two. And even then you need to pay!!
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Re: Mp3 players

Postby Bremen » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:03 am

ksl wrote:
Yes I believe so, I like Iriver products, pretty cool, But don't you have a problem with the volume control being limited. I notice mine is turned up on max all the time, and i still have a problem to hear the sound when its noisy around me. Smasung have stated the will lead the field in MP3 technology by next year, I believe they could do it.

Iriver is a little expensive, i paid 200$ for a 256 old model without camera, 256 memory i thought would be enough for me. But now I will look for 1GB


iRivers are expensive, but great quality.

What headphones are you using?? My volume is at 11/20 and I can hear all my music crystal-clear even on the MRT.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests