Singapore Expats Forum

Precious Gemstones in Singapore???

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

YOGI

Precious Gemstones in Singapore???

Postby YOGI » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:01 pm

Looking for some genuine places in Singapore which deal in gemstones precious/semi precious. Are they available here..
i have already tried google!

Gaelle

Postby Gaelle » Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:41 pm

as in wholesale? the ones whereby aren't created into any jewelleries yet?

YOGI

Retail

Postby YOGI » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 3:41 pm

Nope not wholesale, looking for the sapphire, emerald variety, know of anyone who will have an idea, will be a great help.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 3:44 pm

try 'matta boo boo' Yogi
:wink:
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

mariam

jewellery

Postby mariam » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:28 am

Hi Yogi

Are you looking for loose stones or fine finished jewellery pieces. I travel around Asia buying and selling jewellery and dealing with jewellery designers. If you're interested, send me an email. fhjewels@hotmail.com.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Re: Retail

Postby sapphire » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:41 pm

YOGI wrote:Nope not wholesale, looking for the sapphire.

Looking for me? What for? :wink:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

YOGI

oh well

Postby YOGI » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 5:04 pm

sapphire wrote:
YOGI wrote:Nope not wholesale, looking for the sapphire.

Looking for me? What for? :wink:

:lol: :lol: I was hoping i will get away with this one, but you seem to be everywhere. :shock: How did you get to this one.
Looking for these stones to ward the evil eye off me, that i have been told.
so thought let me try, anyways will be losing my job sometome very soon.
:shit:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 5:59 pm

Really sorry to know that Yogi, really unfortunate timing for you. Hope everything works out good for you, goodluck!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 9:00 pm

Never have I bought gem stones in Singapore, but have bought tons of sterling silver from Lin's in Bangkok. They also have lots of gems stones, and many are mined in Thailand. They are a pleasure to deal with. You can have dinner at Rim Naam while you are so close. Might be worth the trip. Budget airlines are running specials in October.

Lin Oriental Gems
14/7 Oriental Avenue, Soi Charoen Krung 40
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

YOGI

Thanks

Postby YOGI » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:43 pm

sapphire wrote:Really sorry to know that Yogi, really unfortunate timing for you. Hope everything works out good for you, goodluck!

Thanks a lot Sapphire, looks like i am really going to be needing the good wishes. you must have read in the papers, i am one of those unfortunate ones who have been layed off. So probably i have another fortnight in Singapore, got to save on the money so can't even come for the WNDC.
:wave:
All the best to you.
Regards
Yogi

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:47 pm

Oh no!! That's just terrible! I did read and remembered you, was wondering if you were one of the lucky ones. What a stroke of bad luck, hope you can find another job real quick, though, seems pretty unlikely the way things go in Singapore. But, lots and lots of goodluck to you!

Est_

Postby Est_ » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 3:38 pm

You can try out 1 of the shops at People's Park from this Mynmmar (can't spell :oops: ) couple.

It's actually a small shop on the 2nd level about 2 to 3 shops away from the money changer :wink: hope it helps!
~The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched... but are felt in the heart.~