Singapore Expats Forum

How about Canadian Indians? er.. Canadians?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
brown monkey

How about Canadian Indians? er.. Canadians?

Postby brown monkey » Sat, 10 Sep 2005 5:11 pm

Well I was born in bombay - but moved to Canada - and now Im back to the East end..er. Singapore for a few years.

Am I still Indian? My tamils not bad! ok its atrocious AND its done with a Canadian accent eh?

Whats the good word?

brown monkey

monkey dont read too good

Postby brown monkey » Sat, 10 Sep 2005 5:20 pm

I meant to post this in the Indians topic, but what the heck - if there are other Canadians around or Indians or Canadians Indians or people who just like frickin labbat cinquant, maple syrup. and hockey (not together or in that order) y'all can reply here and let me know what i should look out for. And where can hockey be watched!

whatalark
Regular
Regular

Postby whatalark » Sat, 10 Sep 2005 7:30 pm

Labatt Bleu used to be available at Cold Storage years back. Never saw Labatt 50 on the shelves though. If you hail from Quebec, you're gonna find it real different here! No tourtieres and stuff like that; at least, I haven't been able to find any.

Hockey... hmm...better talk to someone from the High Commission, maybe they'll be more up to speed. By the way, make sure you talk to someone who comes from Canada, not one of those insipid flunkies who put on the stupidest airs just 'cause they work at the High Comm.

MAPLE SYRUP!!! That stuff costs an arm n a leg even back in Quebec, and we grow the trees there! I think you'll find it here at Jason's but prepare yourself for the price tag.

I think there are other Canadians here on this board. Hope they're of more help to you.
no trees were hurt in the making of this post but a few electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Postby Guest » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 8:36 pm

Funny, Indians is Indians, only if u will make operations like Mickle Jackson