Singapore Expats Forum

advice from expat ladies part 2

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

averagesingaporeanjoe

advice from expat ladies part 2

Postby averagesingaporeanjoe » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 8:22 pm

not sure what happened to the original discussion...but anyway........YES I HAVE DONE IT !!! my heart was pumping at 1000 beats a sec, not sure if i looked nervous or not, things were not helped by some middle aged woman glaring at me but I finally spoke to her this morning !! and best part is she was so friendly as well !! needless to say, my heart wasnt in the office today

it seems that she has hardly had any contact with natives like me other than at work....for the sake of confidentiality, i will keep this brief, it will be so embarrassing if she knows someone who knows someone browsing this forum...we are meeting up this weekend....YES !!!

thanks to all those who volunteered their words of wisdom...as they say fortune favours the brave......thanks once again ladies and gentlemen !!!

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 8:32 pm

Good for you my friend.

PS: Off topic and thread stealing topics will be axed.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 8:35 pm

go joe go!!! \:D/

myworld21

Postby myworld21 » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 8:45 pm

your post has been moved to rubish section.

Wauuu, amazing. here goes Round2! :D

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 9:58 pm

Well done, Joe! Keep going!
And keep posting...
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Go Joe!!!

Postby Go Joe!!! » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:06 pm

Hey, c'mon you cant leave us hanging like that!!!

We want some details. How did you start the conversation? What did you talk about? How did you ask her out on the weekend? :) :) 8)

andre1

Postby andre1 » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:38 pm

Go.. and ... her u know what i mean..

YF
Regular
Regular

Postby YF » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 1:48 am

Good for you! Now is the time to have some confidence, but don't blow it!! The shy guys I know usually make one big error at this point: "they play the friend angle". I am not saying don't be friends -- do because that is THE most important aspect of a good relationship -- but if you like her you don't want her to move inot "just friends" thinking. If she has agreed to go out with you, whether or not she is attracted to you at the moment doesn't matter, she is willing to get to know you as a person and thats whats going to tell her if she likes you or if she LIKES you.

So what to do: well first of all, be subtle but make your intentions known. Let her know that you are attracted to her. For instance,if things are going well when you are talking with her, tell her you had to come up and talk to her because you were irresistably cute. Or even let her know that you were nervous going up to talk to her. Let her know why it was you came up to talk to her: was it her smile? her presence? her eyes? flirt and be funny! keep it light hearted! Don't come on toostrong. She may be sizing you up right now and may not have made a decision yet. If you flirt, and things like that and she stays NEUTRAL, then keep doing what you are doing. If she is pulling away, then she is giving you the "slow down" which doesn't necessarily mean you are out of the game just yet. Doing this, she will start thinking: "hmmm, what about this guy??" -- if you disguise your intentions because you are fearing rejection then she is going to start saying to herself, "this guys is a good friend" at which point GAME OVER. Again, take your time with it, don't rush it, flirt with her, let her know that you like her but give her some space to pull back if she feels uncomfortable or pressured. She'll aprreaciate that. If she really wants to be friends ONLY then its better to find out now than later anyways. And if thats the case, maybe she'll have a friend she can set you up with!

Finally, DON'T go overboard either. Don't bring her a present, or flowers or anything like that. Say to yourself, I want to get to know this girl who I am attracted to. Don't scare her off, let her size you up first.

And one more thing: maybe she *is* reading this forum -- and you know what? all the better! At least she knows you like her and from what you have said, you have been a complete gentleman about the whole thing. I am sure she would find this intriguing and know that you have genuine intentions. She might even be reading along at some point giving YOU advice on what to do! haha wouldn't that be funny!

Hope this helps. These are probably things you already know, but sometimes you just need to hear it again to get your hear straight!

-Rob

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 8:19 am

=D>

'nuff said Image

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 9:31 am

YF: that is some great advice. As a female, I agree ith everything you have just said, and I would definately appreciate this type of approach from someone I was interested in.

Jun
Editor
Editor

Postby Jun » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:17 am

great to hear that, Joe

=D> for your courage....

hope to hear more good news from you.... :D
Happiness is a daily decision.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:42 am

Isn't this sweet? Plenty of romance and sex in this forum this week. SDU has alot to learn!
some signatures are more equal than others

Edwin

Re: advice from expat ladies part 2

Postby Edwin » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 2:45 pm

averagesingaporeanjoe wrote:YES I HAVE DONE IT !!!

Well played sir! Have yourselves a great time. :)

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 2:49 pm

Way to go Joe, haha...

All the best for the weekend!!!

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 4:42 pm

Dude that is excellent news! round of appluse from the forum.

Play it cool, but not too cool, be interested, but not too keen, compliment her, but don't be slimey, and don't expect any action on the first date (then if it happens you can act suprised & if it doesn't you won't be disapointed). Above all be a gentleman.

Have you decided where to go? Where to take her? Just be glad you are not the woman otherwise you could start a whole new thread on what to wear!!

Only kidding ladies

again 10/10 for effort & bravery!
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway